πΆ It's May! It's May! The lusty month of May! πΆ I wonder how many times I've started an April blog that way. I'm too lazy to go look. I mean, I'm a busy mom with a packed schedule! I don't have time to look. ;)
This post includes Easter and a trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium, so . . . lots of pictures!
Easter morning the kids found their simple baskets from us (Easter Bunny): seeds, gardening gloves, spray sidewalk chalk, bubbles, candy, and the biggest hit tape! Generic scotch tape.
Then they got more baskets at Phil and Gion's! Glasses, coins, candy, toys, and bubbles!
We went out to play with bubbles and new toys. This Easter was on April Fools' Day, so Everett's planned trick was telling us he had a skeleton arm.
Then it was time to hunt for eggs! The kids went first, but they (especially Everett) were SO excited to hide them for the grown-ups for some reason. Here's a note Everett wrote (probably crumpled by Roz):
So cute!! It was Pelin's first time hunting for eggs! We spent last Easter together, but she took pictures and didn't hunt, so it was a momentous event!
Then we had a delicious lunch. You get to see the amazing picture I've yet to share with anyone because it's too embarrassing. Lydia shooting bubbles into her mouth, and Brian took a picture! Yikes!
Some of the family shots that almost, kind of turned out.
And gorging on chocolate bunnies. I've been severely limiting sweets after witnessing Everett eat that whole bunny in one sitting. That was enough sugar for a whole season!
Brian's spring break project was fence-building.
Bowing bubbles into muddy water. The type of creative outdoorsy thing I should be encouraging at all times.
We went to Monterey Bay Aquarium! I enrolled Lydia in this educational enrichment program called Inspire, and through them we got a membership. We'll be going a few times this year!
More wildlife experiences at the Atascadero Zoo. Any guesses what happed with the emu and the outstretched finger?? She's fine!! More scary than painful . . . I think!
Roz learning to play chess (kidding! Everett was trying to teach Lydia), spring popsicles, deck painting, hanging in the van after music class (Roz was probably refusing to get in her car seat, which we're dealing with a lot lately), painting at Playtime Discoveries, and a monkey teasing Mr. Alligator "can't catch me!"
Gion took the big kids to see a science show at the library. They both got picked to participate! So much fun!
I took Everett to a party at The Slice and we had fun playing air hockey and shooting baskets.
Brian turned 35!! Happy birthday Brian! I grabbed this beautiful little chocolate cake with yellow and orange flowers on top, mostly for the kids since Brian isn't a big sweets guy. His main celebration was a child-free day of disc golf with his friends.
Lydia got her first Kiwi Crate subscription box and made these little stuffie organs.
Lydia insisted I write the kids' names in cursive and draw a heart she could color in.
Roz being a pretzel superhero at class. And Lydia practicing her volleyball at preschool. Ben Blair has been teaching her. The teacher and the kids lined up behind her were all taking part in her volleyball enthusiasm.
Everett's lifelong friend Paloma had her first communion and Everett and I attended the mass. Also in attendance was Rosa, another lifelong friend, and Maggie, who attended preschool with the crew. Paloma's brother Max also had his first communion. And we all partied at Anna's that evening.
I included a portrait I made at a city council meeting of city council member Heather Moreno. If you want to see my other drawings, follow Battle Brunch on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Battlebrunch.com if you want to read my thoughts on the meetings I attend.
Roz looking silly wearing Brother's whale's tail hat.
And we went canvassing in our neighborhood with our friends Janna and Rosa! We were giving out the slate of endorsed candidates and asking people to vote by mail. It was fun! A little slow-going but fun!
Until next month!











































































2 comments:
Like, love, ha ha, wow, and oh my goodness you all are soooo amazing π€¨π€πππΆπ€ππ₯¨π . . .give Everett a big hug from Aunt Sue!
Loved it! Thanks Christina!
Janice Leamon
Post a Comment