Saturday, June 9, 2018

May Post

When I'm late with this blog, I usually don't say anything. Life happens, no need to record that for postarity. But this month I was held up by the election! California had a primary election June 5th, and I filled any free time I had before that making calls, canvassing, and creating social media content to help get out the vote! Now I can take a break from that and catch up on other life stuff.


The kids love their friends and are so excited any time they get to hang out.





My helpers while making a dish for ECHO Homeless Shelter.

Lydia working so hard (self-motivated) to get ready for kindergarten. Trader Joe's cheese crunchies for a snack like Everett gets when he does homework.

Roz playing dress-up at Playtime Discoveries.

And grocery shopping! I avoid taking these wild-ones when I can, but sometimes I can't. Yes, frozen pizzas were on sale.







May 5th we hosted a meet and greet BBQ for Susan Funk. Phil and Gion generously contributed by taking the kids all morning and afternoon so we could get ready for the party. One of the fun things they did that day was attend the fire station open house!



The meet and greet went really well. Great attendance and conversation. Pretty good food too!



Water fun. Kids were Eddie Munster and Glenn Danzig (unbeknownst to them).





The preschool got these cool new excavator toys. I was happy to see Lydia enjoying them when I came to pick her up.

They also got a castle!! This was a hand-me-down from a family.

I'm including this old choir picture for fun. I scanned it to share because there's been a lot of talk about Atascadero High School possibly losing their choir program. AHS Choir was very important to me. It's where I got to know Brian for one thing. My exchange sister Anne is also in this picture.



Lydia loves baking, and she actually got to do some while visiting Phil and Gion. She made cupcakes for me for Mother's Day! And Everett got to help them make a cabinet for next to the new oven!





Everett turned EIGHT!! The night before, I shared this picture of me in labor, reading about LOST. The evening of, we had a family party at Phil and Gion's. We talked to Katie, who was in Mexico. Among other gifts, my parents got him an extreme dot to dot book, some pages with thousands of dots!



For five weeks, my parents came over to watch the girls while I did a webinar. Sometimes they painted. They've continued to come even after the webinar ended. We love it!



Everett had his first piano recital! He did great! He acted a bit nervous, but he played all the notes perfectly! Beforehand, Phil and Gion took us to AJ Spurs. And my dad showed up before Everett went on! We thought he'd miss it because of a party, but the recital ran long, and he surprised us!









We threw a party for Everett!! We invited his entire class and ended up with a big group! He wanted a Lego trivia game. Brian and I had fun writing the questions, and they had a blast playing. We also had a pineapple piƱata!





Lots of attendees at a Lego themed party resulted in a HUGE stack of Lego sets. Absolute heaven for Everett. Of course I had to take a picture for Everett of what happens when he leaves his Legos on the floor while having a toddler sister.

Glasses left at the party.

And science!!



We had my mom over to celebrate her birthday!!

Brian's been taking the kids on lots of hikes lately to get ready for a backpacking trip. Here Lydia is meditating on the top of Pine Mountain.



And we attended the first birthday party of the daughter of my friend Marisa. They had a photo booth!


Making colorful rice for sensory play and enjoying the sunshine.





Roz has gotten a few special days with her grandparents lately. One day they took her to the Paso Children's Museum. She had a blast!

And Lydia got a new Kiwi Crate. We made a periscope and Everett drew whiskers on her with the UV marker (I got annoyed, but I still took a picture).

Until next month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!

Unknown said...

You are definitely leading a colorful life! Marvelous pictures!