It's April! Spring is in full swing! Time to write a March post! I thought this was going to be a short one, but then I started collecting pictures, and I was wrong!
Roz has been loving Playtime Discoveries. The other kids almost never played dress-up there or with the food. She also enjoys the dollhouse. It's wonderful seeing how the kids interact differently with the same space.
Everett finished basketball! It was a fun season. Not much work for parents, which I appreciated. Why, soccer?? Why do you have to have snacks and banners and big parties and coach gifts?? It's too much.
Everett is such a lucky kid. His games were attended by at least two but often four grandparents. Grandma Kathie was still having trouble with mobility, but she would find a good place for her wheelchair and cheer Everett on!
We got a new vacuum. Brian was very excited! What a clean carpet!!
Brian started drawing idioms for a pictionary-type game, and the kids piled over to his side of the table. I didn't get any pictures, but we've had some amazing games of charades lately. Even Roz can play if you whisper simple instructions in her ear. So fun!
I'm working on a city council campaign!! Doing social media and photography. I'm so excited. Susan Funk is going to be a great addition to the Atascadero City Council, and I'm so happy I get to help her get there.
Brian transformed Everett's platform-type unconventional bunkbed into a regular bunkbed so Roz could have her own bed in the big kids' room. She usually sleeps in Lydia's bed and her new bed has become the stuffy zone, but she does have her own place to sleep in there!
So we turned Rozzy's bedroom into the LEGO ROOM!! And all three kids play in there sometimes and it's the sweetest!
I went to the SLO County Democratic Convention! What an amazing event for our area! Workshops, talks, speeches by almost every local political candidate, and even three senate candidates! Well, two candidates and the representative for Feinstein.
I was really happy about this shot I got of Kevin de León. It was totally unplanned. I grabbed the camera when I saw he was going to shake hands with the Funk campaign manager Linda. I had no idea he would reach out to shake my hand as I snapped the picture!!
Brian was so amazing. He offered with no hesitation to drive me to SLO and pick me up at the end of the (six hour!) day. It was raining and the parking was limited, so it helped a lot with my anxiety not to have to worry about car stuff. Phil and Gion helped too by watching and feeding the kids. What an amazing team!!
Everett started piano lessons! He's taking them from our friend Nate Wallace who works out of Matt's Music in Templeton. While we wait for E, I've been taking Roz over to the park. It's not a long time to play, just about 15 minutes. This time another little girl took the pony that Roz wanted to play on. That girl can pout! But she was so happy when she got the pony back. Yee haw!!
Speaking of music! The girls have been enjoying their Music Together class.
And a shot of Everett practicing! On our new (from Grandpa Stanley) piano that I love. It looks so good in our space!
Miscellaneous pic time! A shot I took of Lydia when I was practicing with my Nikon. Roz enjoying snack at Playtime Discoveries, Roz creatively brushing her teeth (our kids have been enjoying Chompers, a podcast specifically to listen to while brushing teeth), a fun birthday party I took the girls to where Roz decided she would use the potty while there (she is not potty trained!! But that party she insisted. She has naked days at home where she uses the potty, but we're not strict about her being out of diapers). And Everett's Lego creation. He wrote out all the stats. I think this terrifying thing could be an Imperial walker in a new Star Wars movie! We've talked about letting E have his own Instagram for sharing Lego creations. I'm not sure I'm ready for my kids to be on social media! Even if it's super basic and controlled.
We were excited to participate in the March for our Lives in SLO. Another great rally/march put on by our local activists. In that sweet picture of Everett with his arm around Lydia, they were bickering and fighting. Don't be fooled. And I couldn't resist comparing Brian carrying Roz at the first Women's March (rainy day) with this month's march. A little over a year age difference. Our kids are growing up going to protests.
A few more miscellaneous. Lydia picked out her own outfit: dress over skirt over rainbow leggings. Another Lego creation. An exploited and tortured dragon. The sign with it says "How badly people can interfere with nature when they just try to make their lives better." Kid's having some deep thoughts. My mom got her hair cut!! She's been having mobility issues in her hands making it hard to braid. This short 'do is going to be so much easier! And cricket meal. Brian wanted to try out the protein of the future. He made pancakes and he even snuck it into a smoothie! It's a bit grainy like adding almond meal to baked goods, but I haven't noticed any taste.
Egg dying!! Easter will be in the next blog because it was April 1st.
Last year Gion suggested we do egg dying at our house for ease. It worked out so well we decided to do it here again. This time with six adults for three kids! That's a good ratio. It was a lot of creative fun. Roz became a little overwhelmed by the choices? The pressure to create? I don't know. But she broke down a couple times. It was particularly sad when the crayon poked into the egg. She buried her face in Grandpa George's lap and then got a mommy hug. Before long she was excited and happy again! We made some beautiful eggs!
Until next month!










































2 comments:
This sunny post really warmed up a cold a d snowy April day here in Colorado.
Love to all, Aunt Sue
Enjoyed all the photos very much, Thank You Harris
Post a Comment