We're trying our best to have fun despite the heat waves that have been passing through.
Selfies with Mom.
Everett's school had Book Character Dress-up Day. When he told us he wanted to be Graeme Base from Animalia, Brian and I both said, "that's a great idea!"
Lydia said, "look at me! I'm Everett! I'm having T-ball." And bubbles with Grandma Kathie.
The kids really enjoy making their own pizzas. Second picture, Everett is saying, "Mom! I have to concentrate."
Yes, Rozzy got chicken pox. Unfortunately babies don't get the vaccine until one year. It put a bit of a damper on the first part of the month because she had to be quarantined. But she had a really mild case. She didn't seem to notice at all. No fever. Very little to no sleep disturbance. But I'm so glad it has passed.
Lydia and I joined Everett for a picnic on the last day of school. They were happy to pick up Roz and play at Phil and Gion's. It was flag day, notice their red, white, and blue.
Everett's end of the year interview.
Our happy little climber. She's now climbing up on the coffee table and couch. It's her favorite thing to do. And she can usually climb down too.
Summer fun: fairy garden building, ice cream sandwiches in the sun, new hairdo (and a monkey), and play dough making.
Phil has been wondering if Rosalind is a Christina clone, so I made these comparison pictures. I was also trying to distract myself while waiting for Brian to come back from Henry's bachelor party weekend. I'm the top left of the first picture. Brian's the top left of the second picture.
Brian came home from two days away, and we were all so happy!
Happy 10 months to Rosalind. I put her in tie dye in honor of Grandma Kathie and Grandpa George leaving for Live Oak Music Festival.
It's not happening very often, but Roz can bend over and then stand up again. She can even stand up from sitting, but that's so rare, I won't count it yet.
She occasionally takes a step between things. She could walk any day or in a couple months. We'll see!
Silly faces from Lydia, Everett's new Lego Elves set, celebrating a perfect report card with banana splits, and the teeny tiny carrots we grew in our garden (not sure why I'm saying "we," it was all Brian and the kids). We just ate our first almost ripe tomato! We're so excited for the tomato bounty to come.
Roasting marshmallows with Peter. Everett, always with the ingenuity.
On Father's Day, Gion and Phil brought over a delicious breakfast. We then headed to Cambria for a picnic, boardwalk trek, and beach time.
Everett saw my drawings and decided to sketch his own still life. Proud artist mama moment.
We went to see Finding Dory. First time the four of us had been to the movies together.
Everett got promoted to the next level of gymnastics. So exciting!
I got to take Lydia to the ENT . . . twice. We're still monitoring her hearing loss/fluid issues. 2 hours in a doctor's office, mostly waiting, is too long for a 3 year old. Oof.
We had a special mommy/daughter day. To a real salon and then to Bru for a muffin.
Playing outside, in the shade. The kids really *get* Jackson Pollock now.
Matt and Ari got married!! It was such a lovely wedding. Gorgeous venue. So much fun.
We did our best to dress for the comic book theme. Captain America and reverse Hulk? The Joker?
Watching Daniel Tiger, the kids were inspired to make a heart for me. They're so sweet, *almost* all the time.
Summertime science! After this, they watched videos to understand what was happening and then adjusted their method and got some great hight!
Until next month!



















































No comments:
Post a Comment