May was nice. Mellow. Dominated by Everett's birthday festivities as usual.
I love watching the kids "help" Brian in the garden.
Everett wrapping a present for me for Mother's Day. Lydia says, "that's really nice of you Ev-wett."
Gifts and cards from the kids (look for my One Bad Mother mug later in this post. Part of my gift from Brian).
Roz is a climber! Not walking yet but getting in plenty of trouble
I love comparing babies. And comparing silly faces too. They look so different! But they're still definitely sisters.
Tape! Lydia's new obsession is tape. At first I tried to limit her use of it. But it became such a thing that taping is now a regular activity for her. We buy her cheap tape and let her go to town. It entertains her for a bit.
Brian took the kids out disc golfing quite a few times this month. Here they are at Laguna, watching the horses with Henry.
Phil and Gion invited us over for Mother's Day dinner. Lydia looked so festive. Lots of fun with bubbles.
Roz turned 9 months old! She's officially been outside as long as she was inside! Inside out day! She's such a delightful, mellow, mover. She's so big! We saw her pediatrician this month, and he said, "she's definitely the biggest Cisneros baby!" And it's not like the other two were small! I'm getting some super strong arms carrying her around! My muscle baby!
Getting ready for the big day! We kept this birthday party so much more simple than the others. I only asked Brian to build one thing. And we had a few games/activities, but nothing took too much planning or preparation.
The morning of. Let's get this party started!!
Everett turned SIX!! How in the world can that be!?
He's such a smart, sweet, silly kid. We love our newly SIX year old!
Everett suggested an Ice Cream Lego Star Wars AT-AT theme. I had to simplify it to a Lego and Ice Cream theme. The kids built and raced Lego vehicles, guessed the number of Duplos in a jar, played an ice cream bean bag toss game, and ran around the yard playing with creations from previous parties.
We served ice cream sandwiches again because of the theme and because they are simply the best/easiest birthday treat we've found. This time I just stuck 6 candles in one sandwich and didn't bother building a big cake out of sandwiches (which ended up going to waste last time). Yum!
Lydia the tattooed lady! She had a blast at the party, of course. Roz slept through most of it. I was surprised. I thought she'd try to stay awake, but she was happy to go down when she felt tired. Good baby.
We finished a successful season of T-Ball. Our first season of league sports. It was great! All the kids (Everett included) improved so much from start to finish. It was a great learning experience and pretty fun! I will admit we're happy to be spending our Tuesday and Thursday evenings at home again. It was a bit of a challenge getting our whole crew out there every time, but I don't think we missed once!
And Everett must have had a good time if he drew a picture at school about it! It says, "I like spring because . . . I like T-Ball on Tuesday and Thursday."
Grandma Kathie and Grandpa George attended almost every game and Phil and Gion and the Hunters made it to quite a few too! We have amazing family and friends.
Everett enjoying some imaginative play with his Lego fire truck, a gift from Auntie Katie. Lydia, our water puppy, at the Heilmann water pad. Her favorite thing in the world right now is going to the pool with Phil and Gion. She asks to go MANY times a day. "CANNONBALL!!"
Grandma Kathie's birthday!! We love celebrating at Sylvester's. Everett was singing and shaking the egg shaker "La Cucaracha!" I was a bit embarrassed, but as they were leaving, a couple with a dog came up to him and the man gave Everett two quarters. He said it was from the dog. The dog enjoyed his singing. I mean, it was kinda weird, but I was so happy that they weren't annoyed. Humanity is generally quite lovely.
Making cookies at Phil and Gion's house. How can they be so capable and mature-looking?!
Toys and dinner at George and Kathie's house. Now the baby is capable and mature-looking!!
Lydia is done with Playtime Discoveries! This is the wonderful parent participation program we've done with both Everett and Lydia now. To celebrate, all the PD classes met at Templeton park for a big playdate and potluck and picnic. Lydia is so big I didn't even go near the play structure. She's so completely independent. And ready for preschool in the fall!
This is what normally happens when I give Everett free reign with the paints. Don't worry, I really enjoyed hosing him down ofter this.
I controlled the paint much more closely this time. Lydia got a little on her hands, but that's where the body painting stopped. I had help overseeing from this little boss.
Everett had the Friday before Memorial Day off, so Phil and Gion took the big kids to the beach. They had a great time. Lucky kids.
Memorial Day we met some friends out at the disc golf course for a round of family DG (lots of kids, slow going). It was a blast.
Memorial Day! Phil and Gion invited us over for a BBQ. Everett was inspired to create an awesome Memorial Day flag! Then he was inspired to wash the car! And one of the blue eyed beauty.
June is going to be so different with summer break starting! Hooray!!



















































No comments:
Post a Comment