Monday, May 2, 2016

April Post

Hello May! What did we do in April?

With the weather nicer, we've been sprucing stuff up outside. I ordered some retro inspired outdoor furniture I've been eyeing for a while. We also got an umbrella to make outdoor dining more enjoyable. I'm still planning to stage it nice enough to belong in a magazine. Maybe sometime before Everett's birthday party.






We also got the oak over our house and the liquid amber out front trimmed. That was a pretty exciting day.

Brian's been working a lot in the yard: gardening, weeding, weed whacking, laying down chips, and he's growing a new little lawn out front.



More sweet kids and retro furniture.





Lydia loves to paint with Grandma Kathie, Rozzy wears clothes with lace and gem stones, we enjoy a zoo puppet show at the library, and I crocheted a baby blanket for a good friend (real baby for scale).



The kids love that Phil and Gion planted wild flowers in their yard.



TBALL! We've been having a lot of fun with Tball. The kids have improved so much and they are adorable to watch. Brian's been helping Coach Anna sometimes. Our friend Anna is such a wonderful coach. We're very lucky to have her.





Messy beanie baby. And Everett's open house! He was so proud to show us his class. The writing on his drawing says "I am Everett C.. I like to go to my grandma’s house. Me and my grandma playing a different game of monopoly." How sweet is that?! And he used several different colors of crayon to mix the right hair color for Gion.



The kids have been playing outside more. I was sitting on the porch, and they were quiet in the side yard, I went over to check on them and they were sweetly swinging together. Everett took some compost from the pile to put on a peach pit he's been trying to grow.



Celebrating Brian's birthday with Grandpa George and Grandma Kathie after dinner at Sylvester's. Phil and Gion also took us to Street Side to celebrate, but I didn't get any pictures.







Rozzy's monthly glamour shots. 8 months. She has seven teeth now, four on top and three on bottom (she's working on that eighth!). She started clapping at Playtime Discoveries this month and it's become her favorite trick. She loves bobbing her head or whole body to the music. She's started waving, and we're working on signing "milk" and "all done." She loves to climb things and will get dangerously high if you let her.



Attending Grandpa George's puppet show at the library made me realize how easy it is to get to library story time, since it starts right after Everett gets dropped off at school. We're already out and needing something to do. So we've started going on Wednesdays. It's a really fun group. 

At the library, Lydia found this Martha Stewart Kids craft book, and I've been surprised by how interested the kids are in doing the projects, Everett especially. 

Lydia's verbal skills are improving so much. And she's been learning letters, numbers, and shapes. It's so exciting to watch her learn. And we look forward to all that she will learn in preschool starting in the fall. 



It was eye appointment month! The kids and I all had appointments. Brian goes this month (May). Everett doesn't need glasses, but we had fun trying some on. He looked so cute! Someday he'll need them. He's nearsighted like his mama. 


Just some train building on the deck. We love getting to spend so much more time outside.

Until next month! May should be a fun one!



No comments: