Monday, September 1, 2014

August Post

I'm about to order this blog book, and Christina of 2015 cannot let it start off with the bummer that was August 2014. I was at an all time low after my gallbladder surgery. But I recovered and was back to normal very quickly. August 2014 through July 2015, the kids grew and blossomed and learned so much. We celebrated birthdays and holidays and continued to improve our house. Rosalind was born August 2015, so the pregnancy is included but not the birth. What a way to start the next book!

* * * 

I usually try to stay positive on the internet. I like to present my best self and, for the most part, don't see the value in whining and complaining online. But I will admit, I will not look back fondly on August 2014. Bye bye August 2014, you will not be missed.

The kids were happy and healthy and thriving, but me, not a happy camper. I had my gallbladder removed August 4th, and for a week or two before the surgery I was more and more uncomfortable. Apparently, having two HUGE (20mm) gallstones and an inflamed gallbladder can make you a little droopy. Then I had surgery and was in a terrible amount of pain for the first two days of recovery. It was a different kind of pain than labor, but no less intense.

Add in that Brian's been doing a lot of work on the house, leaving us very little family time, and I will restate: bye bye August 2014! Adios! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

But the month wasn't all bad: because of these cuties!!



Everett and Lydia have both been going to the pool with Gion. Everett finished his lessons but has a great time during free play.



Lydia and I had an 18 month photoshoot.



Everett's been learning how to write and spell a few words including "stop" and "mom." Hmmm . . .

He had my mom help him write "mom warm me please." He wrote the "mom" part. This is not the first time he's mentioned my warmth. I'm obviously warmer than Brian.





Probably the biggest (fun) event in August was Everett's school play. They did The Very Hungry Caterpillar and sang The Garden Song. We love the preschool performances. They let the kids be kids. Some wander around. Some get distracted. It's pretty funny and adorable.



We're still loving Lego! And not just Everett. Lydia's getting into them too.



I had to take some pictures of Lydia and her amazing bed head.





Sweet siblings reading together. But not too sweet. Right after this, he poked her in the eye.



I took these pictures to demonstrate the difference between 4 years and 18 months represented in jam from toast.



Lydia being lazy, eating cheese crunchies laying down.

Everett, proud of his Lego creation.



Beautiful picture Gion took of Lydia at the park.

We had a play date Heidi, Remi, and Monroe. Lydia LOVES babies. Heidi and I had to protect Monroe from all Lydia's rough kisses, taps, and pokes. But Heidi let Lydia "hold" Monroe for a few minutes. She was in heaven!



Even though Everett went to school all summer, we celebrated his "first day of school" this year with some pictures and the traditional interview.


It was hard getting all these questions answered. But the end result is worth it. So sweet.


Lydia was wearing a special hand-me-down shirt from Rachel (who I called Hootie in high school), so we had a photoshoot! You can see Lydia's new big Elmo. We got her a big one because she was getting so attached to the little one, we were concerned it would quickly fall apart if loved and washed too much. We'll see how big Elmo fares.





I've been messing around with camera settings. Lydia's been very patient with me.

Lydia loves the gymnastics class her grandparents take her to. Now she goes around the house standing on her head and doing somersaults.


I love this sweet/funny picture of my little family.



 Everett's not quite as cooperative a model as Lydia, but I think I got a couple nice ones of him.



Brian saw this picture of Everett (above) and said, "he actually looks like me in this picture!"

Lydia is doing great with the bristle blocks. They're perfect for her ability level.





Yesterday morning I pretty much woke up to this. Our monarch butterflies were breaking out of their chrysalises! 

Well, I guess August 2014 wasn't too bad. Nice that I don't have any pictures of my gallbladder recovery to remind me of that nastiness. Just a lot of silly, smiling kids to remember.

Until next month!

No comments: