Here we are at the lake park for music in the park when ECHO did the BBQ dinner. My mom's very involved in ECHO, our local homeless shelter, and she was serving at the meal. We didn't stay for the music because we don't know how to party anymore.
Brian planted these beautiful sunflowers. We got a lot of compliments. I know for a fact they brightened the day of a pregnant friend who was two weeks overdue when she drove past our house.
Lydia loves playing outside and on our play structure. She also loves playing ball. The World Cup was going on when I took these pictures, and I joked that Lydia was just one more person who likes soccer more than I do.
Everett at the doctor's for his 4 year check up and at the dentist. Clean bill of bod health and mouth health.
I wanted to make sure I mentioned Everett's recent (but sadly past) shoe quirk. Every day for a few weeks, he would wear one dark blue croc and one hot pink croc. The blue one was a smaller size, and he insisted that foot was smaller than the other. Apparently that foot has grown, because he's now wearing both pink crocs every day. This is notable since Everett usually cares very little about clothes. Scroll down to see a couple pictures with the mismatched shoes.
As is our tradition, we went to the cute, little Santa Margarita Fourth of July parade. We met the Hunters (and extended friends and family) at the Hunter house and walked to the parade.
After naps, we went to Phil and Gion's for a Fourth of July BBQ dinner.
Lydia loves eating the sour currant berries. Adult and baby taste buds are so very different.
So much has changed in a year. Except Brian's shirt, apparently.
Mmmm. Ice cream with fresh berries. So much better than wild currents.
Everett got a new Lego set. A girl named Kate riding a jet ski. We like to call her Auntie Katie. Especially fitting since Auntie Katie had just returned from Puerto Rico when we got the set.
We went to Daddy's school garden to "help." Well, Phil and Gion really did help. The kids and I mostly played and ate granola bars.
Lydia shooting the water cannon at Grandpa George.
Everett's bionic eye. It was the peep hole from our old front door. He called himself "The Roboconqueror."
I love baby cuddles with my not so baby. As I type, she's no longer nursing. Last night was the first time she didn't nurse to sleep (August 2nd).
We wanted to meet our friends for disc golf at dinnertime, so we brought a picnic to eat on the course. It worked really well! For the kids. Brian and I had a harder time walking and eating or stopping. Lydia really did enjoy the new experience.
Lydia has really perfected her wave and "bye bye," it's really the only thing she enunciates enough to be recognized as the word. Maybe also "hi" and "uh oh," which she was going around for a week or two saying about everything (with her hands out to the sides). In the picture above, I said, "say 'hi' to Daddy!" and she said, "bye bye! bye bye!"
Lydia is seriously fond of Elmo. She calls him "Bobo" (although we've heard her say "Elmo" almost perfectly) and dances when he's on the TV. She will also gather everything "Elmo" in the house (slippers, books, coloring books) and bring them to the TV when Elmo's on. Babies love Elmo!!
Everett thinks my crochet project makes a great hat. It's supposed to be a bag, but it might be a better hat. I've been getting more into crochet lately. It's really meditative and a good distraction from the bad news I see online and hear on the radio.
The kids put on these outfits (ok, I helped Lydia) and were having fun playing dress up, but didn't want their pictures taken.
Brian went on a four day backpacking trip to The Emigrant Wilderness. It was hard for me having him gone, but the grandparents helped me even more than usual, and Brian had a blast!
Rachel coached a youth basketball team that Julie and Andy played on. We were excited to go to their last game. When we got there, we realized Everett's friend Henry, neighbor of Phil and Gion (Dan and Emily's grandson), was on the same team!
I had to get Lydia in the Star Trek captain's onesie. She's quickly growing out of her 18 month stuff.
From facebook:
"Brian and I are talking. Everett loudly demands, 'focus on me! Focus on me!' Well, at least he's using his words?"
Not from facebook, but I noted while watching Star Wars:
Everett asked if everyone in The Empire was evil. I said, "Everett, in this movie, it's hard to tell who's good and who's evil. Some are evil, and some are bureaucrats." And Everett said, "and some are actors." Haha. Yes, yes they're all actors.
Also, when the jawas showed up he said, " I see coats."
Everett's getting more and more bothered by scary scenes in movies. Too bad! No more Wizard of Oz.
Until next month!















No comments:
Post a Comment