Mostly transitioning from Brian being home to Brian going back to work (so, fewer fun activities and more finishing up of projects).
Luckily, I've also transitioned into feeling a lot better. 17 weeks, woo hoo! I think that was kind of the magic number with Everett too.
Curious George books are his favorite books. The Curious George TV show is his favorite TV show. And Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey is his favorite movie. He's a big fan of that "good little 'monkey'."
Here's his awesome photography skills. Under armpit portrait.
We went to Templeton Concert in the Park with some friends. It was fun. Everett and Remi playing. Everett getting to know what a bite feels like. Karma's a b*tch. (;
We've been doing more play dates since I've been feeling better and Brian's been working. The pictures below are from a blissful play date with all two year olds! And a couple little ones.
Ever since we went camping, and Brian went backpacking, Everett's been talking about camping (mostly because he wanted to eat marshmallows). So he and Brian went "camping" in the backyard. He didn't even fall asleep out there because Cruise Night was happening downtown, and it was too loud. He had fun though!
Here's a picture from a recent trip to the park/farmers market. This little girl was wearing her glasses, and I had Everett's exact pair in my purse. Don't they look like tough little cow poke?
I'm constantly saying how Everett's a lucky boy. So lucky to have so many grandparents around to play with him. Everett and and Grama Kathie playing in the sand.
It's been an amazing month for Everett. His comprehension (but more dramatically) his direction following, has increased incredibly. The biggest deal for our family is we're able to say, "it's time to sleep now. We'll see you when it's light out." He doesn't always follow the direction, but he certainly does understand. If we're watching a move or show where a person wakes up (or the sun is rising, or there's a rooster), he'll say, "the sun is up. It's light outside!" And we'll talk a little about how it's okay to get out of bed since it's light out.
Forgive me if I've mentioned these things in previous posts, but I want to make sure they're in the blog (but I don't want to re-read any old posts right now). (;
He's such a little singer! Half the time he's awake he's singing. "Itsy Bitsy Spider," "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," the Sesame Street theme, different songs from Yo Gabba Gabba and the Curious George movie.
A couple weeks ago, Gion took us out to lunch after going to Templeton farmers market. Especially at the end of the meal, Everett was singing away. When we got up to leave, a woman at the table next to us said, "I like your singing!" This woman was there with what looked like her adult daughter and her 3-year-old (?) grandson--who was not the singer Everett is.
I thought I'd mentioned this before (here or on Facebook at least), but a couple weeks ago, Phil was acting like he'd never heard Everett say this thing he's been saying often for the last few months, so I must share. When he wants to get picked up, he says, "I wanna hold you." And we usually respond with, "I wanna hold YOU!" or "I want to hold you too!" Someday soon he'll start correcting himself, and that will be a sad day.
Everett watched quite a bit of Olympics with me. He knew the difference between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball (sometimes called "sandy ball"). He would ask for bicycles or horses. We watched a bit of it from the antenna, so it had commercials. Even muted, I hated how many commercials he was seeing. After the games were over, I was like, "no more commercials for baby for 6 months!" Our shows are all on Netflix streaming and commercial-free.
Here's a little baby genius moment I don't want to forget. We were at Phil and Gion's house, Everett was playing with Gion outside. He had a triangular rock. He said, "my triangle rock. I want to break it." Gion said it was too hard to break. He said, "a hammer will break it." Gion said they didn't have a hammer. Everett said, "in the basement!" and went running around the house to the basement, where he helps Grandpa Phil arrange his tools.








No comments:
Post a Comment