Wednesday, August 17, 2011

15 Month Blog


Well, this has been a BIG month for us! And I wanted this to be a BIG blog. But unfortunately, with moving, unpacking, continuing to work on the house, preparing for a house warming party, not having consistent internet, and . . . well . . . caring for a 14-month-old (newly 15-month-old), not much typing has happened.

I wanted to go on and on about all the amazing help Brian's parents have given, about living with them for EXACTLY a year, and what that meant to us. About the work my parents have done. And how wonderful it is to live in our OWN HOME, thanks to the aforementioned people and others. But I'll have to elaborate in another blog. (:


I will, however, try to keep up with what Everett has been doing.


He's just been improving in all his areas. Walking and running, saying words and making animal sounds and really comprehending what he's seeing and doing.


He's started saying "baby," which is just so cute! He'll either say "bay-bee," kinda southern-y, or "bee-bee." And what I like is he acknowledges himself as a baby. It's not just those people in the books and on the diaper box, he's a baby too. Mama's baby.



He's been doing some pretty "big boy" stuff lately though. TWICE this week he's gone to bed without nursing! The first night I asked him a few times, and he never responded (he usually asks to nurse by doing the sign for milk). I didn't push it, and he just cuddled in my arms and fell asleep. And slept the whole night!!

The other night was when I went to Bunco, and Brian fed him dinner, bathed him, and put him to bed alone. He kind of fussed for me the whole time, though.

And he's been kind of a nurse-y boy the last few days, so I'm wondering if the move didn't throw him off.


I'm not actively trying to wean him at this point. After about a year (maybe a little earlier), I definitely didn't treat any daytime feeding as a necessity, and many times he skipped them in favor of a snack. I didn't want to be weaning when we were moving, and then moving ended up taking a little longer than we imagined. So I think, when we all start feeling more comfortable with our surroundings, I'll begin the weaning process with more determination.

We have a "big boy" twin bed for him now. So a twin bed and a crib in that tiny room! He isn't that interested in it yet, but he has taken one afternoon nap on it. And it was an unusually short nap, which is one reason I'm not pushing the bed for more naps. (;


What else? He says "bee." His sign for "more" is really good now, used to be clapping, now his fingertips are together. He can eat quite well with a fork


He learned that "poop" is what he does in his diaper, but he thinks that pee and poop are both "poop," so he'll be peeing in his diaper (or in the tub or on the floor) and say, "poop!" I'm thinking about getting him a potty. Just in case he's interested in using it. No pressure.

hmm . . . going on Facebook to remember what things are new (I'll post them as my status as they happen). I just can't believe how much has happened in 30 days!


A couple weeks ago, Brian showed Everett the Fire Truck song/video by Ivan Ulz. He LOVES it. He sings a long. Knows words, sounds, and motions. And the biggest tantrum he throws is when you won't let him watch his "ca-ah caw!"--imagine those sounds but in the rhythm of the word "fire truck"

He says "hat" also "hot," and they sound the same.

Brian taught him that Buster Poindexter song. Brian will say, "my mind on fire, my soul on fire, feelin' . . . " and Everett will say, "hot hot hot."

actually taken today, so technically after the 15th

Oh! He's also started putting words together like "that's mama" and "mama and dada." It's so hard to tell when he's actually saying words together because he jibber jabbers all the time like he's actually saying paragraphs of words. But those are real, I promise!

I'm sure there's more. He's just an amazing little guy. Sweet and hugs and kisses. Awww . . .


Here are a couple things we did this month:

Went to the Santa Barbara Zoo with the Hunter family. SO MUCH FUN!! We will surely be going again as soon as possible. We went on the 18th of July, and I CAN NOT BELIEVE that was within the last "month."



Phil, Gion, Brian, Everett, and I went to the Mid State Fair on the 25th. We mostly went to see the animals. The "mooooos."


And the "baaaaaaas."


No Mutton Busting for him, though. {:

Gotta go to bed now. Looking forward to the post about our housewarming party (which is on Saturday!).

No comments: