![]() |
| the morning before the check-up, waiting for Target to open |
So Everett had his check up yesterday (was it his 15 month or 16 month? I don't know. Probably 15th, since it's between a year and 18 months. I'm getting it!!). Anyway, it was quite uneventful since we have no real concerns, and in interacting with him, Doctor Patterson could see he's a wonderful, beautiful, healthy, brilliant boy-child. {:
He even said to me, "this stays within these four walls (oops!), but he's a really pretty baby! He could have been a girl he's so pretty (uh, ok)." But I agreed with him and told him we called him beautiful all the time, so it doesn't bother me. Yeah, I have a pretty, beautiful, handsome baby. I don't get hung-up on gender-specific language. (;
He said he's abnormally social for a 15-month-old. And all his motor skills are great. Everett wouldn't let him put the tongue depressor in his mouth, but his teeth (all 16 of them!) look fine.
We talked about weening a little, since I'd love to have him weened (just decide you don't want it anymore, ok buddy), but Doctor Patterson thinks I don't really want it badly enough, and when I really really do want him to stop nursing, I'll be able to deny him with more commitment. He thinks my words need to match my actions/body language, because babies believe body language. And when we get to the stage when we're finally ready to give up the final nighttime nurse, I'll have to leave the house for a while while Brian puts him to bed.
He got 4 shots, one of which was flu. And I got the flu nasal spray, which meant we both took naps when we came home.
Last visit (6/8/11): 31 in (77%) 20 lb. 15 oz. (18%)
This visit (9/6/11): 32.5 in (81%) 22 lb. 10 oz. (21%!!!)
Everett was doing his signature babbling, and Doctor Patterson said, "is he saying whole sentences?!?" I said, "well, he does put words together like 'that's mama'." He told me that's a 2 year milestone. Blows my mind to think what he'll be saying at two years!!
Yeah, I guess he's a little advanced with language. Jessica, the nurse, asked if he was saying 4 to 5 words. Uh, yeah, a few more than that actually.
I thought I would list his words for you (I hope I'm not forgetting any):
These are words he says super clearly:
bye
baby (babies and kids are 'baby')
no
go
bee
eat
mommy
daddy
These words are less clear (kind of need to know what he's saying to understand. He usually leaves off the last consonant or forms part of the word strangely):
nose
car
truck
fire truck
melmo (Elmo)
poop
water/agua
juice
banana
moon
bot (robot)
shoes
boot
ball
done
bath
boat
hat
hot
deer
bus
Dan
Barbara
Rachel (I didn't hear it, but she swears) {:
Then he makes these sounds to indicate animals:
baa
moo
quack
woof
meow (sounds like 'now')
rawr (for lions, tigers, bears, dinosaurs, etc.)
elephant (how to spell that sound?)
monkey (oo oo ah ah)
hoo hoo (owl -- this one is great!)
neigh
caw (for birds)
hissss (for snakes)
And he makes the fish face with this tongue (which sort of has a sound)
signs:
food/eat
more
all done
milk
Misc sounds:
uh-oh
weeeee (for ramps or slides)
pop pop pop (when he pushes his popper toy)
mmmmmm (for food)
beep (what the car says)
papa/baba (for his grandmas and grandpas)
Smarty pants! I'll add to this if I think of anything.

2 comments:
I do swear! He did say it! And he poked me at the same time!!!
He is a beautiful boy. And so sweet and gentle. Take the credit Mom and Dad, you deserve it!
awwww . . . it takes a parent of beautiful, sweet kids to know a beautiful, sweet kid? {:
I know he said "Rachel"! I think he's said it before.
Post a Comment