Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mid-Renovation


So much has been happening at our house lately. But we just took some excellent photos today, and I wanted to share. 

Our whole family has been putting in so much time (especially Brian) to get us into our house before the end of the summer. 

The kitchen is our big project, and as dramatic as the difference is now, it's going to be even more dramatic in the next few weeks, as the cabinets and appliances go in. 

But here are the photos. The change is so drastic, it's hard to understand the before and "after." 



These two photos (above) were taken from the kitchen door toward the living room. 



These two photos (above) were taken from the living room side wall toward the kitchen door. 



 These two (above) are the pantry turned laundry nook.



Here (above) you can see part of the living room and the post to the kitchen.  

This will eventually be a bar. Looking from the living room into the kitchen. 


Brian, Everett, and I are going shopping tomorrow for tile for the backsplash, new trim for the entire living room, and towel racks etc. for the bathroom. Very exciting! I'm also excited to show you the bathroom Phil's been working on and the built-ins Gion's been working on. 

BUT the most exciting thing that happened today is . . . we found out Rachel's having a girl!!! 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Pictures don't even do it justice. This house is looking so amazing, you guys are doing such great work!! I seriously could not believe how much you had done since last time I was there!!!

And yay for a girl!! WE need to pick a name that goes well with Everett....Just in case we become in-laws some day. ;)

Christina said...

Thanks!

Haha! Wishful thinking on our part! {: