Same ol' same ol', except we had to be there at 8:30! Which was hard for me, but we made it! . . . with a little help from the grans. {:
His stats:
Height: 31 inches = 77%
Weight: 20 pounds 15 ounces = 18%
Head Circumference = 47.2 cm = 68%
It's funny, the last two times, Doctor Patterson has given me this talk which goes something like this: "All babies are different. Some babies are tall and thin, which is what we expect with parents like you. There's no need to worry about his weight. You can tell by looking at him that he's healthy."
It's like he thinks because Everett's in the 18th percentile for weight, I'm going to run out and force-feed him hamburgers. If Doctor Patterson knew me better, he'd know not to be worried, that I don't make him eat when he's not hungry, that in fact, I'm happy he likes playing more than eating, and that I can see he's perfectly healthy (and I told him that bit about not making him eat when he's obviously not interested), but I know he just has to give that spiel to everyone who has a skinny baby.
After letting him play with the little measuring tape, he said he examined it like an 18-month-old. He called him intellectual and cerebral. Yup! Sign this kid up for GATE already! Haha.
After looking at his teeth, he said he has the teeth of a 20-month-old. Chomp, chomp.
Doctor Patterson also let me know that from this point on, tantrums are totally normal and expected. Joy.
Poor baby had to get three shots, a TB test, and an iron level test. His iron level was a little low (even though we've been giving him beef!), but she said that may have been because she didn't take that much blood. We have to go in on Friday to get the TB test examined.
He's been a teeny bit cranky since we got home. I have him a little Tylenol before his nap, and he's sleeping well now.
What else is there to report?
He's walked a total of 6 steps in a row, but he still prefers crawling to walking. Fine by me.
He's pretty obsessed with cars right now. When he sees or hears anything that might be a car it's, "caw! caw!"
He's been doing this tongue thing where he sticks it out repeatedly, but that way where the tip brushes along the top of his mouth and teeth on the way out, and he makes a silly little sound.
We've been anticipating summer with great excitement since it's been so cold lately he usually needs to wear socks and shoes. And yesterday was the first day he's used his pool in months, and even yesterday it was barely warm enough.
We're going to try to let his hair grow out a little and get shaggy. We'll see how that works.
I'll think of more to blog about for the 13 month blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment