When we were on our trip we got a call from Busy Bees saying there would be a spot opening up on the 9th. So Lydia got one day to rest before starting back to school! She goes two half days a week, so it wasn't too much of a stress on her.
Taking pictures for the school interview is interesting, especially when baby sister wants to be involved.
Less than a week after returning from our big road trip, we threw a Trolls party for Rosalind's second birthday!! I had asked Brian if he'd rather host a party right when we got back or after work started for him, and he decided he wanted to do it before work started. We just invited a small group of good friends and celebrated Roz!
I'm super happy with the way the cupcakes turned out! In the Trolls movie, one of the characters gets scared and poops out these cupcakes. They went there and we went there. Haha. When we were brainstorming how to replicate the look, Everett explained that he thought the pink was the cake itself. I thought it was frosting, but his idea made the decorating so much easier. And a raspberry on top because, even though it wasn't my birthday, I hate maraschino cherries. And Roz hasn't expressed a preference.
Brian decided to add a whole lot to his to do list and make much of the dishes using food from our garden, and I'm glad he did because it was delicious: cucumber sandwiches with cucumbers from the garden, caprese salad with tomato and basil, and pesto with basil.
The attention of the singing and the pressure of the candles was a bit much for her.
But she was soon happy and enjoying her dessert.
Fun with presents.
Babies in diapers. Roz has been dancing and lip-syncing to songs, and it's the best thing ever. This toy she's holding is from McDonalds and plays a song from the movie Sing. Imagine her mouthing "this is my kiss goodbye! You can stand alone and watch me fly!" I need to get a video of this.
Lydia's been trying out some classic hipster looks.
The joy of bubbles. Rozzy got a bubble machine for her birthday!
I made a point of getting out the nice camera on Rosalind's actual birthday, brushing her hair, washing her face, and getting a few nice shots. She's just wonderful. One of the top three two year olds I've ever met.
The big kids have been practicing their bike riding. Everett especially is determined to get really good on two wheels. We put off teaching him mostly because we don't have a good place to ride in our neighborhood, and I've felt a bit guilty that most kids learn younger than he did. But he's really caught up. Lyds, Roz, and I went to the playground and he kept making the circuit around the park.
Rest in peace, we will always remember you Heather Heyer. In August 2017, white supremacists gathered in Charlottesville, VA, and many counter protesters assembled there as well. One group was hit by a terrorist using his car for maximum carnage. Heather Heyer was a woman just a bit younger than Brian and me, a brave ally, who lost her life. Many others were hurt. Our country is going through a hard time. All the awesome activist groups in SLO organized a vigil for Charlottesville at the Mission. It was lovely. We ran into so many of our wonderful friends there. Big love to them! Big love to everyone. Our country will get through this and be better than it's ever been before. Love will win.
The last thing Heather Heyer posted on Facebook before her death was, "if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." Thanks to our friend Marisa who loaned us her sign.
Flexible baby, kids eating popsicles and waving for a picture for Dad, and Everett FINALLY lost his snaggletooth!! It had just been hanging there loose for weeks? MONTHS?!?
Then Everett had his first day of school! First day of second grade!! I think this is going to be a good year.
I'm needing to find a new, easier way to do their school interviews. Lydia's may have been the last one done in front of the blue wall with the nice camera.
The first day both big sibs were at school, I took Roz to library story time. And look who we ran into there!! Roz got to cuddle with Grandma Kathie for stories. What a sweet surprise.
Beating the heat at the beach.
And Everett lost his other front tooth!!
Everett and Lydia just started soccer, so there will be much soccer talk to come!
Until next month!!














































No comments:
Post a Comment