Sunday, April 2, 2017

March Post

It's time for a March post! It seems like so long since I last wrote a personal blog. I've been working a lot on my art/political blog BattleBrunch.com, which might explain my weirdo memory.



Third babies can get away with dancing on the table and eating the big kids' leftover sandwiches and milk!


A lovely weekend for bike riding and a zoo visit. The tiger is back!! (it was gone for maintenance)



We've been spending more and more time playing outside. Hooray!

We had to say a very sad farewell to our buddy Ben. He moved to Southern California for work and we already miss him so much.


We wore red to support the Women's Strike! I told people, to feel like I was really striking (and not simply sending my kids to other women to care for/teach them) Brian would have had to take off work, where he is the only male teacher. How unfair would that be if he took the day off but all the woman teachers stayed?! His staff joked that they were going to leave all the kids in the whole school to Brian, a janitor, and the man who works in the kitchen.

I did get some "me time" that day and spent a few bucks at The ARTery, a family owned/woman owned business.



Another thing I've been doing to stay politically productive. I've sent away a few and have more to give!



I feel like this was one of those months where the kids mostly had fun with their grandparents. Everett was off one Monday, so Phil and Gion took the big kids to the beach! They had a blast playing in the waves and building sandcastles.

The next Monday, Lydia had her P&G alone time back, and they flew kites!


Using watercolor and masking fluid, I painted the title of the kids' current favorite song. Trolls may be a mediocre movie with some problematic bits, but they've learned some great music. What an amazing song that is. There's also a great version of "September," which is a favorite of mine.



Gion got a new shirt for Lydia but Lydia insisted Roz have a matching one. Twinsies!

Everett learned to ride a bike without training wheels!! Bike riding is a life skill/developmental milestone we have been ignoring because we live on a very busy street and bike riding isn't part of our lifestyle really. Happily, since getting his bike in February, he's taken to it and jumped quickly to two wheels.

Brian has been reading Sherlock Holmes stories to Everett, which is pretty amazing to me. I'm still reading him Roald Dahl, Harry Potter, or Lemony Snicket.





Lydia and Roz had their annual check-ups. I can tell you they're both giants. Healthy, smart giants.

She wasn't so sure about Dr. Patterson, but by the end of the appointment she was climbing into his lap and hugging him good-bye. He commented on her pleasant disposition and said it's pretty unusual for a baby at an 18 month appointment to sit calmly on the table to be examined.

Rosalind has been growing and changing so much. Her personality comes out more each month.

Although not a clear speaker, she has over 20 words (these are the ones I could think of: no, mama, dada, hi, poo poo, bye-bye, ow, uh oh, ball, bubble, cheese, shoes, socks, water, trash truck, cracker, diaper, up, down, hair, ear), and she also has a bunch of signs. She's really starting to communicate well and follow directions.

So I remember: Roz was weaned this month.

I got to see Lydia at gymnastics!! Usually Gion takes her, but this week I filled in. She's amazing! I mostly have Everett to compare her to. Everett at 6 couldn't do what she does at 4. Mostly he couldn't pay attention and he was always goofing around with the other kids. She pays attention, and she even whirls around on the bar, which is incredible since she's always hated being flipped over.

And Everett stacking rocks! Our good friend Kathy Clarke is a professional level rock stacker. We really do need to get him some lessons from her.


And baby learning to blow milk bubbles from her big sister.

From Facebook:

From Everett's report card: "He is such a divergent thinker and generously shares his creative ideas and advanced knowledge with his classmates." That's Everett for you. 😂😂 Rockstar teacher deserves a raise and a few hours (days? weeks?) of silence. 😂😂

We had our first Tooth Fairy fail. I asked Everett what he thought happened. My guess, he lost his tooth too late in the evening (while he was brushing his teeth for bed) and The Fairy needs more lead time. His guess, another kid lost all his teeth and The Fairy was really busy. 😱😱 #gruesome #divergentthinker

Until next month!! 

No comments: