February is fun. Big birthday month in our family.
We got the play yard out for Roz, and the big kids were obsessed. It was either a fort or simply a space for alone time.
What beautiful girls! Beautiful girls watching TV together.
Lydia had her last day of speech therapy. We were right in guessing she wouldn't qualify for services through the school district. She tested at or above age level in every category. She was called "a delight" by everyone we met during this process. And they are right. Except when she's tired. But life would be so boring without tantrums at 3.
Grandma Gion has the first February birthday! She got a fun cake she knew Lydia would like. Pink is her second favorite color! She'll tell you pink is her favorite color after she tells you purple is her favorite color.
Then we celebrated Lydia's birthday on the 8th! I wanted to do something special, and Everett was off school, so we all went to gymnastics and to get Lydia a birthday burger at Sylvester's. I was pretty proud of myself for getting out with all three kids. It was fun!
Brian picked out a cake for Lydia. The cutie liked it! She opened a few gifts from Auntie Katie, including a personalized memory game with pictures of our family.
The kids love playing board games and games like 20 questions and I Spy.
Then it was Grandpa George's birthday! Grandma made him the traditional pineapple upside down cake.
On the 11th, we met Grandma Kathie and Baba George at Sylvester's for his birthday burger! afterward, we played in the Sunken Gardens. Rozzy did NOT like the grass. Poor winter/drought baby! She doesn't know grass.
Opening some Valentine's Day mail.
On the 14th, we had Lydia's birthday party!! She had asked for a purple cake and games, so we had sort of a purple and Valentine's theme.
It was a beautiful day, and we were happy so many of our good friends could make it.
Showing off the cake and cupcakes. Peanut butter sandwiches were a hit! I stole that idea from Rachel. I'm guessing the adults preferred the cold cuts and cheeses. Our parents helped so much with the food. I feel like I need to thank them publicly and privately. Thank you!!
Rozzy was not feeling well. Poor baby. She turned 6 months old that day too. She was cranky during party set up and so sad-looking throughout.
I asked Brian to make sure he got a few pictures of me since sometimes I don't end up in any. He did a good job.
Poor Lydia refused to let us sing to her or even blow her candles out at all (we just let them burn down into the cake). I get it. it's overwhelming for sure. Aunt Sue joked later, "how many cakes and candles can one kiddo take in one week?"
Siblings happily playing with new toys after the party. It was such a fun party, Thanks again to all.
Worn out jammies and missing teeth. Everett had his first tooth fall out! And the tooth fairy actually remembered to switch it for a gold dollar coin!
Since she was less than smiley on the 14th, I did a little photoshoot a few days later to get these sweet shots. What a joy!
Lydia making paintings to serve as thank you cards for her birthday gifts. I could never have gotten Everett to do this at 3. Our kids are different people! Shocking.
And Lydia feeding Roz. She's still into being a big helper.
I'm so happy Brian wanted to get out and have an adventure. I'm content being a hermit most days, but he had the idea to go to the beach and see the elephant seals. The kids preferred running around the pier in San Simeon.
Both kids started gymnastics this month. They're enjoying it. Phil and Gion take Lydia on their day with her. Her little class is the only class in the whole building. They tell me she's really focused. I got to go to the first session. It's adorable. During Everett's class, the building is PACKED! A bunch of classes going on at the same time. He likes to goof off, and I have to remind him to listen to his teachers, but he's having fun, and he does try hard (when he's paying attention). Also adorable.
I love comparing kids. They look so different! I mean, I'm sure it's mostly the different angles, but they do look quite different.
Rosalind has been pulling herself up to standing for over a week. The picture in the green was from today, but I didn't have a good one of her antics. The big kids have been sick and she's been falling more than normal. Lydia pushed her straight back after I took this picture. Thunk.
She's also been full on actual crawling since the middle of the month. Such a physical kid! Nowhere is safe from her.
I love how she does this when she nurses.
Here's to a healthy March! We're all ready to be well again.




















































No comments:
Post a Comment