Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January Post

It's February! Let the season of family birthdays begin! But first let's talk about January.



We've had a pretty mellow month. Crazy Christmas hangover? We've marked a lot of milestones for Rosalind: first time in the BOB stroller at the disc golf course, first time in the exersaucer, first teeth!!



We haven't had many play dates, really since the pregnancy, so it was so great to have Anna, Max, and Paloma over for a spontaneous visit.



I finally got a picture of Everett in his new "Red Heart Man" suit. Maybe someday I'll get a better one. Lydia loves helping in any way she can. "I can be a big helper in my family." We even bought her this new stool so she doesn't have to run her other stool from the bathroom to the kitchen all the time.



We're almost to the end of our speech therapy journey. Lydia had an assessment to continue receiving services from the school district, and I don't think she'll qualify. She's made such progress since she started, it's amazing.





Sister Anne sent us some adorable (and delicious) finger puppets. Rozzy sucks her two fingers. But only when she's being held and not when she's laying down to sleep, so it's pretty pointless as a self soothing technique.


The big challenge for this month has been trying to get Roz to sleep in her crib. She's been resisting the change, and we're all getting less sleep, day and night.



Just some lovely shots of a lovely baby.


Another milestone: she's started eating!! Should we count this as the first? A little orange at Grandma Kathie and Baba George's.



Her first food at home was sweet potato. She likes it! And her baths have gone from once a week to every day. Is it inappropriate to mention she just had her first solid food poop today (Feb 1st)? Took a while for her digestive system to make the stinky change.


Another milestone: sitting straight and tall unassisted! This doesn't last long. She's also been doing that swimming army crawl thing. Not quite crawling, but she's SO FAST! We're needing to keep the carpet cleaner than we have in years. Choking hazards!



I finally bit the bullet and ordered raincoats for the kids and boots for Everett (Lydia already had some). It was so hard to decide, nothing I was picturing in my head was a real thing available on Amazon. But it's been raining so much! Really! So I ordered some, and they're great. Good choices Mom! 



Roz and I have been enjoying taking Lydia to Playtime Discoveries. She's such a smart, creative, relaxed little student. She's going to be so ready for preschool in the Fall!


Our longtime buddy Rosa turned 6! I loved that out of all the kids there, the ones engrossed in the present opening were all Everett's best friends from preschool. We sure do miss these girls.







Brian's been working hard building this new fence, which has meant much less family time on the weekends. So, for the weekend of the 23rd and 24th, I was organized and asked the grandparents for help. My mom came over to play Saturday afternoon, and Phil and Gion decided to take the kids to the beach on Sunday. They helped this last weekend too, but I don't have pictures. They stayed in. 





One cool baby (dressed by Mom, not sibs as you would assume). Sunny winter painting (girl loves to paint) and popsicles at Phil and Gion's. And Roz loves Everett. He's the best, always gets huge smiles out of her.


This face! What a silly baby! 



I love to take pictures of my beautiful girls. Beautiful, sometimes silly, girls.



The kids are very concerned about Rosalind's dental health. They made sure she got her own toothbrush and bugged us until we used it. She does have two teeth after all!

Until next month!

No comments: