Thursday, April 3, 2014

March Post

I've been looking forward to writing this blog post.

And yet, it's late because I'm never at the computer these days. The kids are busier, and we're keeping the computer up on the bar to lessen the wear and tear. 


But Lydia's development has been blowing my mind! 13 months has been a magical month for her. First off, she's FULL ON WALKING! Ok, she still falls down quite a lot, but she's walking all over the place. Then falling. Then getting back up and walking again.

She's gotten so interactive, and she's learning and applying so many things she's learned.

She started roaring to imitate Everett when he's wearing his lion towel. Now, whenever she sees any type of animal (squirrel, giraffe, deer), she roars. She's signing "all done," "more," and "water." She blows kisses and waves. She's not really saying words, but she'll say "da" for "dad" or "grandpa" or sometimes "mom" or "grandma." Sometimes we ladies get "m" words. She likes to "cheers" with her water at the table. And she can almost say "cheers." She also says something that almost sounds like "cheese" when we take a picture of her. When she wants a specific food, she points, sticks her bottom lip out, and says "mmmm." She likes to put on hats and glasses that she finds around the house.


Everett blows my mind too, of course. Sometimes we'll be having a nice little conversation, talking about dinosaurs or the weather or something, and I'll realize I'm talking with him like he's a much older kid. I'll hear his little voice to take in how teeny tiny he still is, and it surprises me. So much knowledge and clarity coming from such a small guy. I've been getting more and more compliments about how smart and sweet he is. It's nice to hear, even though I already know it. ;)




This month, Everett started staying at preschool for a full day once a week, the day Lydia's with Phil and Gion, so I can paint. It's been awesome! I've actually finished a few old things and even started some new things. Very exciting. And we started having to pack a lunch for the first time ever.




Lydia loves playgrounds. Unfortunately, she has no fear. Except for swings. She's not a fan of swinging, currently. She's a slide girl.












Gion had Everett help pick her March Madness brackets. I'll have to ask her, but I don't think his choices were very good.




Everett spelled PBS when no one else was around. Learning the important things.




Lydia saying "cheese" and being a ninja (mask from Westley's birthday party).


Brian's been sanding and finishing a reclaimed board to turn into a bench. Here are the kids watching him work.








I thought the kids looked so cute, I had to take some pictures. I actually bought Everett's shirt and Lydia's sweater. Strange in this house where we love and use hand me downs.


Sibling puzzle time! I'm absolutely surprised and delighted that they already play together. Not on the same level, of course. But they play with toys alongside each other, and they like to roughhouse (with supervision).




Lydia on our play structure at home. Pure joy.


Triker babe? My comment at the time: I hope this is the only time I say, "nice tassels, Lydia."

Everett's in the back, helmet on, chopping Grandpa's onions with a shark water gun.




This last weekend we were able to have a play date with Anna and her kids. We always have so much fun with them. Good friends.

Ack! I just realized we didn't get any pictures at the Hunters' BBQ. Boo! It was a lovely time with great friends.


Some quote from Facebook:


Everett's first sight word may have been "earth" while watching Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson. Sure seemed like it! True or not, it will make a pretty great story!


Me: You said you took something out of my drawer. What did you take out of my drawer? Everett: Nothing. "Out of the drawer" is Spanish for "you're the best around. Nothing's gonna ever keep you down."

And a bonus picture. This is my mom as a baby. 

No comments: