Sunday, March 2, 2014

February Post


February was an awesome month! Lydia turned ONE!! She's transforming from a baby into a toddler in front of our eyes! She hasn't started walking yet, but she's getting so close. She's taken as many as 10 steps unassisted, but she still chooses to cruise or crawl most of the time.  And her "little dittle dittle" babbling makes it seem she thinks she's taking all the time, we just don't know what she's saying.

Everett's growing and changing too. He's learning so much, at preschool and a home. Too much to try to recount here. He's also such a sweet boy and an awesome big brother.








To kick off the month, we celebrated Julie's 7th birthday!! I can't believe she's SEVEN! Growing up so fast!




We always have fun at the Hunters'! Lydia even made a new friend in Aunt Sharon. She has no issues cuddling with nice ladies she meets.








We haven't been able to do our big play dates as regularly lately. But we're trying! It's hard to figure out a day of the week that's good for everybody.


Everett's been playing with play dough a lot lately. In this picture he turned his plane into a parrot--a character from Scooby Doo.

We had a party for Lydia!! Balloons and flags and kids galore!!

It was a great party. It was rainy and gloomy out, so we were all inside. But we adore all our friends and family, so it's still fun to spend time with them, even in a closed and noisy room. 




















Big brothers certainly luck out at first birthdays. She loves to share!! We had so much help pulling that party off. Thanks to our village!








These kids!! They're so funny together! It's so fun watching their relationship form.




February is the month Everett gets to blow out the most candles for other people. We were excited to help my dad celebrate with leftover (I froze them!) cupcakes from Lydia's party.








It's hard playing outside since Lydia isn't walking yet, but we try to get out sometimes.








I actually remembered to take a few pictures at one year for our photo project.


It's amazing to see the changes in the kids, but it's also fun to see the change in our house! We had our house painted since Lydia was teeny tiny.




With some of Lydia's birthday money, we decided to get more Duplo blocks. While we were in the aisle, Everett asked for a little Lego set. Since it was reasonable, we agreed. We were so impressed by Everett's Lego building skills!! Basically all he needs help with is keeping on track. Once he's on a step, he can replicate what he sees. Lego fun!




Apparently Everett's hair balm (which we almost never use on him) is a little too tacky for use on Lydia's hair.




Everett's been pretending he's a baby lately. He's also named Lydia. I've tried to explain, if I had twin babies, I wouldn't have named them both Lydia. (;




I love Lydia in androgynous 70's/80's garb.


Lydia can actually toot on this recorder!! We have video!

So . . . Brian and I have entered the current decade, or maybe the previous decade. We got smart phones! They're terrible, cheap smart phones--smartish phones. We're also trying out cable and a DVR for a few weeks to get cheaper internet for the year.

Here are a few pictures I took with my new phone and played with on Instagram. 




Lydia at her one year check up: 30.8 inches - 92%, 20lbs. 11oz. - 44%




Valentines Day play doughing.




On a recent Tuesday, I took Everett to the park after lunch, while Lydia was with Phil and Gion. Soon, he will begin staying at preschool a full day on Tuesdays while Lydia is with her grandparents so I can squeeze a bit of painting in. It was nice to get in some mother/son quality time.




The batman costume Peter got him still fits! Kinda! On top. :) 

Until next month!! 

No comments: