October was another fun month. Lydia's been growing and changing and getting so much more interactive and fun.
Everett's been learning and changing too. Preschool is improving and increasing his skills.
On October 5th, we went to the Paso Warbird Airshow. Lots of planes. That's about all I can say as a flight-ignorant person. The stunt pilots were incredible.
We met our friends the Hutchinsons there. That was fun. Jerad knows a lot about planes, and Everett and Marshall had fun arguing about which crafts were in the movie Planes and what color they were. Grandma Gion bought Everett that awesome camo American flag/eagle hat because we came terribly unprepared with no hats and no sunscreen (Stephanie saved us).
Long baby girl gets comfy in my chair. This reminds me, she's not been sleeping well lately. Ugh. Teething? Development? Night terrors? I don't know. I miss her awesome newborn sleep habits. Has anyone ever said that?
She turned 8-months-old in October. This adorable sweater was a gift from family friend Becky. So cute!
The compulsory "baby eats lemon" pictures.
Don't worry, she's ok!!
She's such an eater. We've been trying to wait two or three days between foods we introduce. And there are some foods not recommended until after 9 or 12 months. But she looks at our plates so longingly. She can't wait to dig into a chicken drumstick.
These kids are practicing to become a comedy duo someday! They really love each other so far. He always makes her smile and laugh. And he generally loves to have her around (as an audience at least). Only sometimes, when he's moody and everyone is a target of his wrath, will he tell his sister to "go away!"
She's so toothy now! Four on top, two on the bottom. No more vampire baby.
We've been having a ton of fun keeping and releasing monarch caterpillars/butterflies from my parents' milkweed plants. Someday soon Everett will be bringing an empty cocoon and some pictures of the adventure in for show and tell at preschool.
We love fall!! Playing in the leaves and preparing for Halloween!!
Lydia's been spending some days alone with Phil and Gion. She obviously loves her special time.
For fun I put her in Everett's first Halloween costume. It was adorable, of course.
We ladies have a lot of fun when brother is at school. Taking pictures. Hanging out with mirror baby.
She's been pulling up and crawling on everything. I don't have a picture I deem adorable enough to put on the blog. But it's happening. She is one determined baby.
We went to Colony Days. Brian had to work in the garden at his school, so we picked up Gion on our way to the parade route. Having a sedan with two car seats in it means we usually can't invite anyone to join us without a caravan.
We met the Hunters and the Thompsons there. It was fun as always.
More fall, sibling fun.
We went to the San Marcos Ranch pumpkin patch. It's a gorgeous place.
I finally started putting shoes and socks on her in October. I guess I didn't trust her to leave them on before. Now she's so distracted with other things, she quickly forgets about the shoes.
She had a week or two there when she was constantly sucking those fingers. I'm not quite sure what was going on. Something. Yes, I'm a supermom--totally in tune with her kids. ;)
As Halloween approached, I needed to get them in their Halloween-i-est PJs! His long legs make him seem so old!
After all the work and late nights, it was finally time to debut our costumes! First at Zoo Boo on the 26th.
We had a Hobbit family costume! Everett was Bilbo, Brian was Gandalf, I was Smaug the dragon, and Lydia was Baby Beorn (Beorn is a man who changes into a bear). More about the whole endeavour on my Beyond Fine blog (coming soon).
Putting Halloween on hold for a bit. We celebrated Phil's 65th birthday on the 29th!
I took the picture of the coloring because it shocked me. I've never seen Everett do anything other than scribble all over the place. I guess they ARE working on things at his preschool! Not that there was any doubt. But I kind of let preschool be his thing, and we don't do a ton of art at home (surprisingly).
For this very special birthday, they took US out to dinner at AJ Spurs! I guess they like spending time with us.
Brian and I dropped the ball on pumpkin carving this year. Luckily, Everett got to have the experience with Phil and Gion.
Everett said, "take a picture, Mom! Take a picture!" He was spinning around dancing to "Puff the Magic Dragon"? "The Rainbow Connection"?
Ok, back to Halloween. It was a wild evening. As soon as Brian got home from work we went to the carnival at Everett's school.
We left there and trick or treated at my parents' house, then went to San Pedro and trick or treated at Barbara and Bruce's and Phil and Gion's (who then fed us). From there we went to Santa Margarita to meet the Hunters and go to the Santa Margarita Carnival (with some trick or treating before and after). Phewf! Next year we need to simplify. That was too much.
Until next month!
























No comments:
Post a Comment