Wow! December has come and gone, and it was a BIG MONTH (do we ever have a small month around here?!?). Christmas, baby shower, my birthday, me growing bigger and bigger and bigger!
Our new (since last month) play structure that doesn't get a ton of use since it's been so cold/rainy.
You can see a bit of our wild backyard in this one.
We've had as many play dates as the holidays would allow. Here Everett's playing with his friend Marshall.
Our amazing family and friends threw us a beautiful shower for Baby Lydia. Please see the previous post for elaboration.
Cousin Bob came down for the shower and to celebrate my birthday. Below you can sort of see him. My mom, dad, and Bob came with us to grab a Christmas tree. I don't want to say "pick out" because we were at the lot for maybe 15 minutes.
Next year we'll make a bigger deal of this. Maybe go chop down our own. Mmmm . . . smells good.
But our bargain "quick pick" Christmas tree ended up being amazingly symmetrical and beautiful. I couldn't be happier with it.
Everett helped decorate, when he wasn't playing with the Mickey Mouse train or firetruck ornaments.
Well, I turned 30 on 12/12/12! It was pretty exciting! Earlier in the day, three of my good girlfriends took me to lunch at Novo in SLO. Afterward we did a little shopping.
For dinner, we went to Sylvester's for my free burger! Everett was a goof.
Brian and Cousin Bob with all our chocolate shake craziness.
After dinner, we went to my parents' house for the traditional pineapple upside down cake.
Everett was very helpful blowing out the candles.
It was a nice, mellow way to celebrate a birthday where I couldn't do any heavy partying or international travel. (;
Everett's been taking mostly showers lately, so on the 17th, when we had him take a bath, he was in there FOREVER! We kept asking if he wanted to get out, but he kept saying "no," so we let him play.
When he got out, he was intrigued by his "pruney" fingers. He said they were "squiggly."
He calls himself a "scary-cute lion" when he wears this towel.
On the 18th, Brian drove me to my Endocrinologist appointment in Santa Maria, and we had a nice dinner at Windows on the Water in Morro Bay, sort of a belated birthday dinner.
We talked about going to see The Hobbit afterward, but because the movie is so long--and we're kind of boring--we stayed home, watched Love Actually, I wrapped gifts, and Brian put together Everett's gift from my parents: a play kitchen!
Everett's in a not-looking-at-the-camera stage
"helping" Phil and Gion open presents with his new gold club
big boy with his backpack from Auntie Katie
Christmas Eve was tough for Everett. Although it seemed mellow to us, we think it was a little exciting for him. He was cranky by 6:30. So we were happy we planned to spend Christmas Day at home and have everyone come to us!
Christmas morning we woke early-ish and had DELICIOUS croissants sent to us by my Cousin Wendy and her husband Ash.
It worked well to do all our Christmas Day present opening when my mom and dad came over (none just for the three of us beforehand, which we might end up doing in the future). After a yummy brunch of baked french toast and fruit, we got to work!
Everett doing some silly moves
Jason got Everett this little frog car, which he adores.
My dad and Brian opening gifts
Everett and his name puzzle!
playing with his play kitchen from my parents, "time to wash our hands!"
Everett still didn't quite "get" Christmas (it's a complicated concept!). Occasionally, he would say, "happy birthday everyone!" And since we got the tree right before my birthday, he would sometimes say "happy birthday mommy!"
We (meaning Brian) were in charge of Christmas Dinner. Both sets of parents came over. PLUS! We got to talk to Auntie Katie on Skype!
Phil used his frying expertise to save the crab cakes. Besides that little fiasco, Brian's dinner was perfect!
On December 31st, we took a trip to the Santa Barbara Zoo! It was our little "family getaway" before Baby Lydia joins us and Everett has to share the spotlight a little.
on the train!
off of the train!
feeding the koi
our "little" family
A few things about Everett before I move on to the pregnancy.
He's been in a real contradictory, "asserting his autonomy" phase. His answer to almost every question is "no!" But luckily he then elaborates, so at least he's thinking about his answers. And he won't say "no" if reeeeeally wants something. He's not that stubborn.
He had his first sleepover at Phil and Gion's house on the 18th. It went really well, even tough he had a cold. I hope we can do it again this month, when he's healthy.
He's been talking a lot about Baby Sister. We talk about how Baby Sister will come out of mommy's belly and drink milk out of her nipples. And she'll have a belly button and use a paci. He also likes to talk about his own shower like he was there. He's kiiiind of "getting" it.
*****
A conversation Everett and Brian had recently:
Brian: You're a mess.
Everett: Yeah! I'm the best!
****
The pregnancy.
So, I'm huge. I feel huge and achy and puffy. And I can't believe I have over a month left.
Below are pictures from 31 and 34 weeks. I wore a smaller shirt for 31, and I think that makes my belly look bigger. But I SWEAR, I grew a lot in those few weeks. Sure feels like it.
He's getting so good at taking these pictures! And I'm sure he'll be a great big brother SOON!


























2 comments:
I just love that picture of Everett dancing up on his tip toes. He is such a funny duck!!!
So silly! (;
Post a Comment