Saturday, June 30, 2012

Late May and June


Oh my! It's been a long time since I last blogged! Kiiiiiind of on purpose. I wanted to switch from blogging on the 15th of the month to blogging at the end of the month. I did the 15th because it was his birthday day, and I could say, "Everett's 23 months old today!" for example. But it was confusing to separate months, and I think he's old enough now that we don't have to celebrate months so much, and I can just blog about what we've done in a month. It can be more about what our family has done in a month and not some much developmental stuff. Although it's still mostly going to be about Everett, Of course. 

This is going to be kind of a photo dump. Because I'm going from the 15th to the end of the month, I'm doing a month and a half. Lots of pictures. Plus a lot has been going on, and I don't feel like being choosy with pictures. 

Ok, let's start! 

My mom joined us for a road trip to San Diego May 19th/20th. We went down to attend the memorial service for our Cousin Roger. Unfortunately we couldn't stay long, and we missed what was surely a great party the evening of the service. Roger had so many amazing family members and friends who will remember him fondly.


Mom was a great diversion for Everett in the car. It was a long trip. Ran into traffic going south and north. No fun for a 2-year-old.


We had to stop at Pea Soup Andersen's to stretch our legs and so Everett could ride the carousel, race car, and shuttle.


"to infinity and beyond!"


Mom and Everett on the beach in San Diego. Brian NEEDED to get tacos at the beach. (;


Big guy carrying his own lunch box for the first time.


Big guy "learning" to shave.

Brian's parents invited us over for a Memorial BBQ on May 28th, and we thought it would be much more fun if the Hunters came over too. It was!






Everett's first group bath. Something that doesn't happen much as an only child.


Stroller fun at the disc golf course.


In early June, Bob Bacon visited us for a few days. It was fun. Brian was excited to show Bob all the work he's done on the house (Bob gave him a lot of advice before he started). And Bob is always a favorite with kids. Everett LOVES him!


My cousin Jason has been staying with my parents lately. I guess we had just finished disc golfing with Bob and Jason when this picture was taken. Brian's been teaching them how to play.


Relaxing on the new grass. All very excited about Brian starting his summer vacation later that week.



I finally got some pictures at Mommy and Me (Playtime Discoveries)! We only went to 5 sessions before it ended for summer, but we're signed up for the fall. And Everett's been practicing all the things he's learned, like the monkeys teasing the alligator song, galloping, and walking on tip toes!



We went to Sylvester's for Jason's free birthday burger (fourth time this year after Brian, Trago, and Rachel!?) My baby cousin is 22!?! Is that possible?


Trying to have lots of play dates with all his friends (who am I kidding, my mommy friends). (; Heilmann is a favorite because it has a water feature!!


Most exciting thing that's happened for Brian this summer, Atascadero's very own brew pub, Molly Pitcher Brewing Company, opened! Double exciting because it's owned an operated by a friend of ours, a guy Brian pole vaulted with. We hope they continue to do really well!!


Zoo puppet show with a bunch of great friends!


Hugging friend Rosa on the disc golf course.


Ines getting in on the hugging action.


Brian's been trying to take Everett out disc golfing often. He slows things down a bit, but he's really great out there. Our friend Chis, who takes his girls out there often said of Everett, "best disc golfing kid ever?" because he's so easy out there. But he's pretty easy most places. The guys in the picture above are Henry, Chris, and Brian.


Trying out the R2D2 chair (from Barbara and Bruce) at Tuesday Concert in the Park.


Look at Phil's face! Gion must have said something funny?


June 21st, Brian and I went to IKEA to get another countertop, a sink for the new bathroom, a small couch for my studio, etc. Everett stayed in Atascadero with Phil and Gion. But of course, baby boy ended up with the coolest stuff! New play mats, trains, sippy cups with dog faces. This is him staying up way past his bed time playing with his new toys.


June 27th we went camping at Santa Margarita Lake. Yes, it's like a 20 minute drive from our house. But we wanted to be close to home if we needed to abort the mission.


Everett had fun! It's a beautiful campground and lovely location overall. Brian and I have to talk about whether we're up for taking a 2-year-old camping again soon. It's so much work, and Everett didn't really seem to appreciate it more than any other experience. His favorite thing to do while we were there was play in the Subaru. We let him hang out in there and pretend to drive and push all the buttons. He thought that was the coolest! And we can do that anywhere!


our view


Ready to roast marshmallows!

I wanted to tack on a few extra pictures. These sort of belong in between the 2-year-old post and the birthday party post, so I'm sticking them here!


He opened a present from my parents. It contained a tie dye shirt. He said, "oh tie dye!" and gave it a HUG! Ha! What a funny, sweet boy.


I decided he needed to get a professional haircut before his birthday party. We talked about exactly what I wanted. Then I saw the first clipper swipe, and I knew it was TOO SHORT, but there was no going back. ):


I was so disappointed. He ended up looking like a little boy from the 50's with the slicked up hair in the front. Actually, normally I would have thought it was pretty cute, but not before his PARTY! I tried so hard to make the party and all the decorations gender neutral. He wore a shirt with yellow, orange, and red on it. And he ends up with this mini butch haircut . . . oh well!




Got some cute pictures out of it!

Ok, a couple of little things I want to remember and then I'm done.

Everett likes mayo on his artichokes (like me! Brian likes butter). We were eating artichokes for dinner, and Everett said, "more manonnaise?"

On May 31st, Everett said, "watch Star Trek?" We've been watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine as we wind down for bed because it's boring enough that he doesn't pay attention to it. He didn't really want to watch it, but he asked for Star Trek!!

On June 5th, Brian was plugging the laptop into the TV so we could watch Colbert, and Everett said, "Tonight!" It's what Colbert says to open many of his shows. The website wasn't even up yet!

On June 11th, we got a piano! I haven't touched it yet, but Brian and Everett like to play it together.

On June 14th, Everett had his 2 year check up. He did great! Cried for the nurse, was happy and talkative for the doctor. Stats: Weight: 27 lbs. 4 oz. (38th %), Height: 35.8 in. (77th %)


On June 23rd, we tried to give Everett avocado for the first time in almost a year and a half. He refused to eat it. 

On June 23rd, Everett started watching Star Wars for the first time (another nerd baby milestone!). He didn't get very far, but he liked the droids a lot. Now he calls it "robot movie." He calls R2D2 "cool robot." 

A conversation we had: 

Everett: That's a moon, mama, that's a moon!

Me: That's no moon, baby, that's a space station.


We'll raise a good little nerd! 


No comments: