Everett is now 21 months old!
And once again, it was a BIG month! {:
Our little chatterbox. He has HUNDREDS of words! There's just no way to count or list them. You teach him a word, and he'll remember it, sometimes a week or two later.
He says, "I love you!" At first, we would prompt him: "I" . . . "wuv" . . . "YOU!" But now he will occasionally, occasionally say "I wuv you" . . . when he's feeling lovey, I guess.
He just reasonably said "thank you" unprompted! For a week or so, he'd been saying, "please, thank you!" Sort of sing songy like they do on Yo Gabba Gabba. Then, out of the blue, I gave him a banana, and he said "thank you!" Awwww.
He's so funny when he asks for something. He'll say, "more popcorn? Yeah! OK!" He asks for more of something he hasn't had, then answers himself. So funny.
He's been singing the ABC song a lot (not completely accurate). He can identify "O's," "E's," and "K's." And he's been counting a lot. "1, 2, 4!" He counts up to ten often, and sometimes some numbers in the teens.
He's started memorizing books. We'll read Brown Bear Brown Bear, and he'll mimic the rhythm of the book with guttural sounds and say some of the words.
He's been playing more make believe. He'll "pick" food out of books and "eat it." He'll "pick" a car out of a book and "driving it."
He's been getting more empathetic. Crying when his friends cry. Crying when I say mommy has a boo boo.
He kissed me the other day and said "boo boo" . . . 'cuz I kiss his boo boos.
He's helped me clean up once. I should have him help me more often, but it's easier just to do it myself.
The Daily Show comes on, and Everett says, "JON!!" When the Colbert Report comes on, we hear, "Stephen! Stephen!" We watch Daily Show/Colbert Report from the internet. There was ONE commercial that was playing over and over, Jack in the Box Jumbaco. He LOVED it! He'd look at the computer and say, "Baco!" THIS is why we don't have normal cable!
Both his "Grama Gion" and his "Baba George" had birthdays in February, also several of his close friends. He learned to say "happy birthday Grama Gion!" and "happy birthday Baba George!" These phrases were acompanied by mimed candle blowing and chatter about the cupcake that fell over at Julie Hunter's birthday party.
He's been sleping with a baby doll (Margaret) and a stuffed animal (psychedelic blue Mickey Mouse). Seems to help him sleep. He's such a cuddle bug, but also a kicker, so it's impossible to actually sleep with him and cuddle.
And last but not least, he had to say good-bye to possibly his favorite person in the world late last month. His Uncle Kirk went back to Thailand. Since then, he's been talking about how Uncle Kirk went away in the air plane.
Me might have to go to Thailand to visit! Everett, and the rest of us, will miss him very much.





No comments:
Post a Comment