It's so hard to get a blog up on the day when the 15th is on a weekend--especially a fun 3-day-weekend!
| playing at Avila this weekend |
So . . . 20 months! It's so close to two I can't even believe it! I'm sorta kinda starting to think about a party, but it's so hard for me to anticipate what he'll want to do in 4 months, I don't want to plan too much. {:
It's been another incredible month.
![]() |
| future Greyhound! |
Beyond it being the holidays and just an action-packed season anyway, he's been growing and changing.
![]() |
| at the San Miguel Christmas Parade with the Hunters |
He learns and REMEMBERS almost all the words you say to him.
He started saying GRANDMA!! . . . well, "grama." This is a big deal, because he's been saying "baba" for grandpa for months, but he wasn't calling his grandmas anything! These ladies that mean so much to him didn't get names!
But now he's gone from calling them both "grama" to calling them both "grama kaffee." My mom is named Kathie. I guess I over-emphasized her name. Oh well. We'll get Gion covered soon. (:
| helping in the kitchen! |
He's been singing the ABC song! Of course he doesn't know what it means, but it was pretty amazing when he stared singing it.
If you say "1, 2, 3, 4," he'll say "FIVE!" or "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9," . . . "TEN!" You can do that with some of the numbers, but he doesn't say all of them.
He likes to identify circles.
![]() |
| at SLO Children's Museum |
He says, "ALL ABOARD!!" when he's playing with (or thinking about) trains.
Grandma Gion bought him a riding car/bike toy that has sounds and taught him to say, "Outa the way!!" Hmmm . . . {:
He says his name! And he does seem to understand it's his name.
![]() |
| another GORGEOUS beach day in January |
Last blog I wrote about how much he was eating. Well, duh! He was about to have a growth spurt!
All of a sudden, his 12 month pants were all high waters (yes, he has short legs and a long torso like his mommy--he's been comfortable in 24 months on the top for a while).
![]() |
| a favorite silly face |
He's still eating a lot, but not impressing us (and sort of freaking us out) at every meal.
He's still such a love bug. He gives hugs (gweeeeeze!) and kisses all the time, and he'll say "I love you," but he has to be prompted for each word.
He's so sweet and fun!
A little about sleep. We (and especially Brian) are spending more early mornings (2:00 or 3:00 on) in Everett's bed than we would like. He wakes, and the most effective thing to get him back to deep sleep is one of us staying with him, and Brian seems to be able to get better sleep than I do in E's bed, so I let him. Hopefully he will start sleeping better soon, not waking up in the middle of the night, and not needing us until actual morning.
Bedtimes have been getting better (earlier), especially on days we have playdates and he gets an early nap.












No comments:
Post a Comment