Thursday, November 10, 2011

18 MONTH BLOG!!!!!

Woah woah wow! My baby's a-year-and-a-half?!?

photo by Dana Holt

Do I have to start calling him a-year-and-a-half now and not 18 months, 19 months, 20 months, etc.?

being a kid with his friend Rosa
It's been a BIG month too.

At the beginning of the month, he seemed like he was having a lull in development. He wasn't learning that many new words. His behaviors were all pretty steady.

a month ago at Colony Days Parade

Then there was an explosion!

Hand, foot, toes, teeth, why, PLEASE!!


Please is so cool! It sounds like "pees."

Speaking of cool, he started saying cool. He was saying "coo" all the time, and we didn't know at first what he was saying, then we realized he was saying "cool"and "oh cool." Haha. I guess he hears that a lot. {:


He also started saying "oh no." But it's really dramatic, and for strange things. "oooh noooo!"

More new words he's saying: plane "peen," goose, bear, guitar "car car," wet, toot (for a fart), chomp chomp (for alligator), chair.

he can blow bubbles! . . . sometimes

As long as he's able to form a sound, you can teach him a word. Sometimes I feel like I'm depriving him of words I just haven't exposed him to yet.

his current "cheese" face. awesome. |: 

He's finally making a pig sound. He would never say "oink." He was waiting till he could snort like a real pig, I guess. It's really good.

He jumps on furniture and says "dump" for jump, and "up down up down."

going through the tunnel at gymnastics

He's started putting a lot more words together like, "more beans please," "daddy go," and "chair down."

on the way to Darby and Katherine's wedding.
Brian was busy cleaning up baby barf.

He calls his friend Andy "Din Din."

Din Din's mom Rachel

Our friend Peter Stewart came to visit one evening, and Everett really got attached to him. He liked calling him "Pete!" Peter gave him a batman costume, and now whenever he sees it, he says, "Pete!"

looking at the album Aunt Sue made us.
He knows Kirk "Goop" and Beth "Ba"

He loves to cheers with us at dinner. Brian and I will have wine, and he will click his sippy cup to our glasses and say, "din din."

When he hugs you, he'll say "squeeeeze" or is it "gueeeeze"? It's the Frank Oliver thing to do.

Photo by Dana Holt

He's great at coloring with crayons, but especially with chalk. A real natural!

before I painted his rug and table legs 

We've gotten in a good habit of vitamin and teeth brushing in the bath. Everett will even ask to brush his teeth by making the teeth-brushing sound, kind of like "ch-ch ch-ch." But he still mostly chews on the brush. We're working on that.

He had a great time at Halloween!


He really took to his bird costume. I had fun making it, and it made me happy that he liked to flap his "wings," and say, "caw caw!"

yup, he has Brian's cheeks.

We went to Zoo Boo on Saturday and the Santa Margarita Carnival on Halloween, both times with the Hunter Family. Very fun.

with Julie and "Din Din"


But the most exciting things to happen this month:


He's been napping, and sleeping in the early morning, in his big boy bed!!

AND . . .

He's weaned!!!

Just in the last few weeks, we've gone from one nursing before bed to none at all!

I was ok with him continuing nursing at night, but he was getting more and more attached to me--only wanting me for comfort at night, wanting to sleep with me all the time--that we thought weaning entirely would help, and it has! Brian's getting more and more able to comfort him at night (again), and he hasn't been coming into our bed at all, although Brian and I have been taking turns sleeping with him in his big bed in the early morning when he wakes.

But it's progress!

This month I keep thinking, "it's always something with a baby. Get over one thing, and you're on to something else!" Love it!

Photo by Dana Holt

2 comments:

Juliette Muracchioli said...

That last portrait is so sweet! And I like what you said about raising babies: 'if it's not one thing, it's another. I love it.' Just last night I was thinking how I would love to get pregnant again soon (even though in reality that isn't likely). Six months ago I wasn't so eager! It just becomes more and more rewarding as time passes.

It will be fun to see you guys soon, and hang out with the brilliant Everett!

Happy 18 months!

--J

Christina said...

Thanks Juliette!

We can't wait for ya'all to come back!

Yes, it's an amazing journey. Hard sometimes but very rewarding. {: