Everett had his 6 month check-up today. He had a little cold, so I called to make sure they still wanted us to come in. They did but we had to come in the regular door, not the Well Baby door.
Everything looked great. Of course he's an advanced super-baby, babbling consonants earlier than average, and he has more teeth (five) than any baby his age Dr. Patterson's ever seen (I guess he didn't see Brian when he was 6 months old!).
A funny thing happened, though. When the nurse weighed and measured him, it seemed as though he had shrunk. At his four month appointment, he measured at 28.3 inches, and today he measured 28! I'm thinking he was 26.3 or 27.3 last time, and she misread the tape. Maybe? I'm certain he grew!
He didn't gain much weight, though. He's 17 pounds 8 ounces. Two months ago he was 16 pounds 6 ounces.
So, according to the chart our doctor gave us, he's in the 87th percentile in height (28 inches) and in the 41st percentile in weight (17 pounds 8 ounces). A friend of mine reminded me that there's a different growth chart for breastfed babies, and it's typical for weight to level off a bit.
He got a few shots, and he did SO MUCH BETTER this time than two months ago. He didn't cry very much at all (but it's almost 8:00, and he's starting to get cranky. We'll see what tonight holds).
We go back in a month for a flu booster and again at 9 months.
But we got a surprise at check out! Preston Wallace and his lovely wife Alexandra were there with their new baby Louis who was born on Thanksgiving. Awwww . . . so sweet (and small!). I forgot to tell Alexandra how great she looks and ask her how she's feeling (because I'm thoughtless like that). But Alexandra, if you read this, I was totally thinking that you look great and wanting to ask how you are feeling. {:
1 comment:
Isn't crazy how little newborn babies are? Don't you feel like Everett is pretty small but then like a giant compared to a newborn? Its crazy how fast they grow:) Suuuuuuper cute pics and hooray for him being such a trooper about the shots! I'm a wuss about such things, I can't even look when I get my blood drawn...
Post a Comment