The party was held at Brian's parents' house. Phil and Gion pulled out all the stops to make our special day beautiful and inviting. We had lit, heated tents and a caterer that not only made a wonderful meal but was more than happy to indulge us and make pies instead of cake.
As you know (if you read this blog or talk to people), Brian and I got married at the Santa Clara County Clerk's Office on September 30th. This service was witnessed by a very small number of people (two sets of parents and two best friends). So at our celebration in December we wanted to reenact the ceremony, but this time with attendants and an audience of our closest family and friends.
Our friend Chris acted as officiant. He's actually ordained by the Universal Life Church, but for this service, his commanding presence was more necessary than his ordainment. We were attended by Brian's sister Katie, our friends Rachel Hunter, Kamryn Clarke, Darby Edelen, Grace O'Malley, Sam Bonifas, and a cardboard cutout of our dear friend Henry Bonifas (who is in Cameroon with the Peace Corps).
We couldn't have had a better wedding celebration. It was stylish but casual enough that we were all super comfortable. I don't think I would have been able to spend such quality time with my close family and friends in a puffy white dress. I don't know if I would have guessed it, but my favorite part of the wedding (besides looking into my love's eyes and saying our vows again) was the wedding party speeches. They were wonderful, absolutely amazing.
I'm still working on sorting and editing photos, so I can't show you many. But here are a few to tide you over.


2 comments:
Looks like you guys got some good pictures to work with! That was an awesome day!
Fun! I am just now getting around to looking at blogs other then my own.
you guys look so happy and that color blue looks really good on you!
Post a Comment