Sunday, December 20, 2009

Baby, School, and Wedding News!

So first things first, we had "the big ultrasound" on Monday, December 14th. And we have a healthy baby: good heart beat, kidneys and brain look great. And oh yeah, it's a BOY!!!Rachel told me that if we were having a boy, we'd have no doubt. And she was right! Brian and I saw between the legs and looked at each other. The ultrasound tech said, "I think you know already." Yup!

We also got some good profile shots. It's hard to know what he's going to look like, since the ultrasound takes slices at who knows what angle. But I think one thing is for certain, he has Brian's nose! And so far, some pretty voluptuous lips. (;

I kind of passed over it, but when we went to the ultrasound, I was 19 weeks and 6 days (ultrasound says 19 weeks 4 days, not sure why). I'm in my 20th week now. Halfway already, very crazy! And I've been feeling very good. If I'm more tired than normal, I think it's because of finals, and not because of the baby.

I've been feeling the little guy kick and move around for a week or two now, but Brian just got to feel him a couple days ago. Late on December 17th, we were lying in bed, and the baby was moving a bit. So I had Brian put his hand on my belly, and he felt a good kick! For a few days prior, Brian had thought maybe he'd felt him, but the 17th was a sure thing. We're looking forward to a time when his kicks are strong enough for Brian to feel more often.


Here's a picture of me right before the ultrasound. I'm definitely showing! I mean, if I'm wearing a sweater, strangers won't notice that I'm pregnant. But my friends and family can definitely see the bump.

So on to other exciting news . . .

I graduated from San Jose State University!!!

Well, I haven't received my diploma. But I've finished all my classes, and my graduation checklist, the thing that the school sends you to say what you still need to complete, was very straightforward. There were no surprises. Everything on the list was what I had taken this semester.

I don't know if I have a feeling of accomplishment, because I never had any doubt that I had the ability to graduate from college. I mostly have a feeling of relief. I'm just happy that I'm done, that I stuck with it. And I'm happy I got a degree in two subjects that I have a passion for: art history and painting. It took me a long time to decide what I wanted to study, and life interfered several times, but I'm done with school, and I'm oh so happy.

We're also getting ready for our big wedding party on December 27th! Phil and Gion have been working non-stop for the last few months to get ready to host our closest family and friends at their home. Brian and I got to Atascadero today, and our plan for the next week is to help prepare for the party.

I think we're all nervous but excited. This party had to be planned in an extremely short period, but it should be very fun!!

That will be a good blog!

2 comments:

Beth McDermott said...

OH.mygosh. That is a BEAUTIFUL ultrasound pic. Not to be the creepy acquaintance that obsesses over your uterus or anything... but I think that is the best ultrasound pic ive possibly ever seen. Amazing. That profile shot is SO detailed, and YES. Its a boy. SO great. Congratulations again, I am SO thrilled for you. Its gonna rule.

Rachel said...

Yay, this was a great blog, and I CANNOT wait for Sunday!!! WOOOHOOO!!!