Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thanks for Friends


I realized at the end of the last post that most of my blogs from now till May 29
th (w00t!) will focus on thanking all our wonderful friends (and family!) for all the amazing things they do for us.

Last blog, I thanked Darby and Chris and Jenny for help with the pictures. This blog, I just have to focus on Rachel--cuz she's already done so much!

But first I'll list our wedding party, if you're interested.

Ladies:

Rachel Hunter (co-maid of honor)
Kamryn Clarke (co-maid of honor)
Katie Cisneros (bridesmaid)
Grace O'Malley (bridesmaid)

Guys:

Darby Edelen (best man)
Sam Bonifas (groomsman)
Henry Bonifas (groomsman)
Chris Castro (officiant)

When we get the wedsite up and running, we'll have pictures and blurbs for everyone. Fun!

Ok, back to Rachel . . .




















Rachel wasn't the first to suggest we have an engagement party (I believe it was Katie), but she was the one to say, "If you want an engagement party, I can help. Give me a list of addresses, and I'll send out the invitations." And since then, she's been fully in charge. It's been amazing. She made simple, elegant invitations. She's been delegating jobs to family and friends.

I've been to many a party/shower at Rachel and John's beautiful home in Santa Margarita, and I know it's going to be great. I'm confident that it will be an event above and beyond what we could have put together on our own.

Since I have this confidence, I really haven't given much input into the process. Brian and I did choose a color scheme, and I told Rachel that if we did disposable plates/utensils, I'd love if they were environmentally friendly. And yesterday I was sent this picture:




















%100 recycled, reusable, dishwasher safe, recyclable utensils and cups! So cool! SO US! (;

We're very excited about the party. We know very little of the details. Rachel's keeping some things secret and being quiet about the rest (well, we do have our own party to plan . . . it's happening in May).

If you are reading this, didn't get an invite, and feel you should have, know we tried to limit the guest list to close friends and family who are local. There are people we love and adore who didn't get invitations because we don't want to force people to make the trip . . . we'll save that for the wedding! But if you happen to be in town/state this weekend, let me know!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ahh, I feel so special! thanks friend!! You are worth every bit of it. I can't wait for Saturday! We are going to have a blast!

Rachel said...

Oh and by the way...we need to take a way better picture this weekend...that one is just not cutting it for me!

Christina said...

I knooooow! Unfortunately, the only other "recent" one I have of us is from when you were prego with Andy. I knew you'd never forgive me for that! Hey, I don't look that great either . . . kinda vampire-y. (;