September was pretty mellow. We're still getting a lot of help from our parents to get Everett to and from school and to entertain the older kids so I can care for Rosalind and zone out due to sleep deprivation. But everyone's doing well adapting to this change in our family.
We got the pictures back from our newborn shoot with our talented photographer friend Dana Holt. Who else could get such a great family shot?! And capture the kids' silly sides so well.
Baby's first bath in the tub. She'd been rinsed off in the sink before, but this was the real deal on September 1st.
My dad took this one of me and the tiny babe. She really is small! Even big newborns are so small.
My mom likes to bring over special projects for the kids to do. Lydia can paint page after page after page, and Everett needs to change/break the rules. You want me to finger paint?! I'll use me feet! I kept hearing my mom say, "oh Everett no!"
In the midst of moving from Chicago to Houston, Katie came to visit and got to meet Roz so young!
I do these questionnaires with Everett at the beginning and end of school every year. This year, I missed the first day. I was just too consumed with Rosalind. But two weeks later, I put him back in his first day of school outfit and took a picture. I get a pass this year!!
I know the last answer doesn't fit with the second to last. We'd all been commenting on how he needs to practice staying in the lines. He heard it loud and clear, and we don't mention it anymore. He's definitely working on it.
Finishing off the series. Hurrah! She's such a big one-month-old. Of course I completely forgot to do one at one week. Having three and one in kindergarten is different, guys. I forget stuff.
And here they all are! Growing, growing, growing! Holy moly, I'm glad I'm not pregnant anymore. I love having Roz here.
Lydia let me french braid her hair. Lydia, Everett, and Brian all working on plans--Brian and Everett's for the Lego table. I'm not sure what Lydia was designing. My wild girl with crazy hair. And frozen yogurt. I took Lydia and Rosalind out to do errands on the hottest day. I had to do it because we needed Rosalind's birth certificate. We also stopped at the UPS Store, and while there we got yogurt (we were already out of the car!), but we only got to eat a few bites before Rosalind started crying inconsolably and we had to leave (life with a newborn).
Baby's first puppet show.
And I love comparing babies--to each other, to themselves. These are both Lydia. We have this chair out for Roz, and Lydia can't help sitting in it. I didn't even pose her. I found the first image after taking the second.
Everett's first parent teacher conference! Brian and I met there wearing the exact same color, like dyed in the same Old Navy batch same color. We were pretty embarrassed, embarrassed and amused. Of course, Everett's doing really well. Top of the class. She said the trick will be to keep him challenged, but so far, he's enthusiastic and loves school.
Lydia in a leotard! Too cute for words! She loves gymnastics.
The girls got to go to the doctor's together. Both are healthy and growing. Rosalind was 12 pounds 8 ounces and 24 inches long. Another big baby!
Everett made Roz her very own Netflix channel. I like the way he spelled it--phonetic? Kinda?
Lydia had her first day of "school" at Playtime Discoveries, parent participation. She used up all the paper painting before we could stop her. And she enjoyed the paper plate craft (something I never once got Everett to do).
Brian came with us and will probably continue to take Lydia on his own for a while. He's taking 10 Fridays off for paternity leave!! I'm going to get so used to it. 3 day weekends (and 4 day weeks) are the best.
Rosalind's perking up a bit. We got her a high chair, and she actually seems to like being included at mealtimes.
Lydia had her teeth pulled!! It went really well. She was cooperative, and the drugs didn't knock her out too much. The ride home and the first few hours were rough. There was pain and numbness, and she was a bit wobbly on her feet. But she was pretty much back to her old self by the end of the day. And she got to put her teeth in the window for the tooth fairy to collect, and she got two gold dollar coins in return. A tooth fairy visit before her big brother! Pretty cool! She'll be getting her new teeth October 19th.
This has been such a big month for Lydia. She's been learning the whole potty thing, and it's been going really well. Yet another thing that makes us say, "she's so different from Everett!" For one thing, he didn't care to be praised. She LOVES being praised. She takes bows when we praise her for using the potty!
And she's talking so much! It's still not super clear, but it's getting clearer all the time. She'll say full, accurate sentences like, "where did Elbow go?" Elbow's a dog. And yesterday at speech she said, "my mom likes tea." But my favorite phrases right now are "Rozzy eat you?" when she's talking about Rosalind nursing. And "my share you?" when she wants to share our food.
We've started saying good night and leaving Lydia alone to go to sleep by herself at night. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but after she weaned a year ago, someone would always lay with her in bed until she went to sleep. Now she's putting herself to sleep, like her brother does (after books with brother and more books on her own).
Even at 5-years-old Everett still thinks it's funny to put stickers on his sister's head. And his mom's head. The top right picture is newborn Lydia.
Apple picking at Avila Valley Barn.
Brian made this cool Lego table! I was a bit nervous about the color, but it actually looks pretty good in our living room (until Roz can get into it--then it can live in Everett's room).
Pirate dress-up day at school. Left was my choice, right was Everett's choice. Silly Lydia in her fun glasses from Grandma Kathie.
Roz in her chair looks so much older than 5 weeks! And Baby's first dinner at the Asdel Gran's house.












































No comments:
Post a Comment