Whoa! It's already April!
I kind of feel like from the time Brian went back to work (February 26th), time has moved along like molasses. I think it's because we spend a lot of time at home. Everett's VERY active, but I'm not involved in all his activities (he goes to Phil and Gion's all day Tuesday and plays with my mom all morning Thursday), so I basically only take him to mommy & me on Wednesdays (when I'm not sick--I had mastitis recently) and play dates on Fridays. And although Lydia is a bit needy, she doesn't require much effort. She sleeps a lot.
But, of course, Brian gets a week off work, and the time just zooms by! Last week I was thinking, "geez! It's been forever since I last blogged!" Now I'm five days late!
So, the last two days we've been POTTY TRAINING!! We decided a while ago to train during spring break. The first part of the break was taken up by Easter and touring preschools!! But we started yesterday and have dedicated at least three days to pretty much nothing but learning how to wear underpants. We're doing the 3 Day Potty Training method, which is really logical, even if it sounds crazy (throw away the diapers?!? Underpants only, even for nap and nighttime?!?).
But so far, so good. He's had A LOT of accidents. Even today, a lot of poop accidents. But he stayed dry during his nap yesterday and was only a tiny bit wet when he woke up this morning (the bed was still dry!). And he pooped in the potty for the first time EVER today!!
I have a great feeling about where this is going!
Before I go back in time, here's an adorable picture of Lydia from yesterday:
Tie dye we did at a play date at Juliette and Adrian (and Ernesto's) house. She's smiling a lot more. A handful of smiling patches a day.
Going back to early March. We had our last Friday play date that included our awesome friend Anna. She got a job teaching preschool! We already miss her on Fridays and hope we'll see her on the weekends sometimes.
My dad had an opening for his show at The Gallery at Marina Square in Morro Bay. It was very nice, and my parents had a great time showing off their grandkids.
One last (?) picture in this series. We'll see if I remember to do it again at one YEAR!
Phewf! That's a lot of growing and (sorta) shrinking!
Everett eating a carrot Brian grew in the garden. The carrots are ok, but we've been eating a lot of carrot top pesto. Yum!
You can see our awesome view a bit in the back of this one. Everett's face has been thinning out lately. For a while there, his face was getting chubbier, and I kept getting comments that he looked like his Grandpa Phil. (; But I think he was just getting ready for a growth spirt. Now I think he looks more like his daddy.
Lydia's a big (long) girl!
At her one month appointment, on March 14th, she was:
> 97% in height, 24.8 in
97% in weight, 11 lbs 10 oz
and 92% in head circ., 39.5 cm
And who knows how much she weighs/measures now!?? She goes back to the doctor in a week and a half.
We also took Everett in that day to have the doctor look at the bumps on his head. They're a virus, like warts, and will go away on their own. Hopefully soon!
Lydia can not play with her toys in peace. There's always a brother there to take the best stuff! See they're both in Beatles shirts!?! His says "All You Need Is Love."
I love her little outfits that aren't all light pink. She's edgier than that.
Her sweet little St. Patty's Day outfit.
Playing trains with Baba George. I think the adults in his life like building track almost as much as he does!
Silly boy before getting potty trained!!
He loves helping with her baths. He stands in the shower like this and does what you tell him, mostly (he also likes to put his feet in her bath).
A woman on the SLO County Mommies forum I'm a part of offered us some free stuff for Everett's birthday party (she was going to throw her daughter a bug party but didn't?). She lives in Los Osos, so we took advantage of the trip and went to MontaƱa de Oro!
Everett didn't want to have anything to do with the water, but Brian took him too it . . .
put his toes in it for a bit . . .
but Everett pretty quickly headed back to the towel. I think we need to go to the beach more.
After the beach, we went to Sylvester's for burgers, and Everett got milkshake in my hair.
And all over himself. By the way, we tie dyed that shirt because it was too stained to ever be white again.
Lydia visited Grandma Kathie and Baba George's house for the first time on March 24th. That sounds like an awfully long time not to have visited, but they came to our house a lot when she was first born to make it easier on us.
Two cool dudes soaking up spring break.
The second best thing about spring break after just having Brian around more, is that projects get done! Well, I guess it's a natural consequence to having Brian home.
It's great to have the bathroom done because (well besides the obvious upside of having two bathrooms) now Brian can work on all the little projects that didn't get done while the bathroom was the number one priority.
Done when Everett was gone, of course, we don't want to encourage HIM to do this! But the bar can hold 2 thousand pounds.
I put her in almost all the frilly dresses she had around easter time and took pictures: this one with the awesome Nikon DSLR I recently bought from my cousin-in-law Ash!
She's already wondering what her silly brother is doing.
The Easter Bunny brought some cheap dollar store loot to our house.
Yummy Easter brunch at Phil and Gion's house.
The Easter Bunny brought some way cool gifts to Grandma and Grandpa's house: including a scooter! And a t-ball set, and some water guns.
Grandma Gion showing him how it's done!
Me and Lydia looking pretty and drinkin' mimosas (she only got a teeny bit).
egg hunting
candy eating
more serious/competitive egg hunting at the Hunters'
We're so grateful the Hunter's have hosted an Easter party the last couple years. They have such a nice place for egg hunting and picture taking!
On Wednesday, we went to Grandpa Stanley's to visit with Cisneros family, particularly Helen and Sammy who were visiting from Washington.
I hope someone else got a picture of Stanley and Lydia.
Uncle Benny made her cry (just kidding, she was fine).
But Aunt Shirley made her so comfy. By the way, Lydia's wearing a dress Gion and Katie picked out for her before she was born.
Some cute Everettisms:
He says "by my own self," as in "after my next birthday party, I'll be able to play outside by my own self." I'm going to be sad when he stops saying this.
Everett: Lydia's my best friend. Me: Yeah, someday she will be your best friend. Everett: No, she's *already* my best friend.
We've been listening to David Bowie. Today, he said: "ahhhhhh . . . wham bam you're welcome ma'am!"






















No comments:
Post a Comment