As a mom who (so far) has handmade (hand crafted?) costumes yearly (with help from the dad), Halloween starts in (at least) the beginning of October. Planning and scheming starts well before that. I'll post more detailed descriptions of the costumes on my craft blog, but I'll just say, they went over VERY well this year.
It's been another amazing month where Everett blows us away with his genius at every turn. He's a little chatterbox. He's turned into a great mimic too. Meaning, his speech is so good he can say basically everything we can. Not just mimicking easy stuff, but EVERYTHING!
Yes, it can be quite funny hearing a (white) two-year-old say, "I'm black and I'm PROUD!" Haha.
We started watching more Blue's Clues lately, and he's so engaged it's adorable. He calls it Gnu's Canoes. I don't know why. He could say Blue's Clues if he wanted. Silly guy. I loves following along with all the clues, and he's stared calling his burt orange chair his "thinking chair." When he's not watching the show, he'll sometimes say things like, "first clue, a clock. Second clue, a train." So cute.
Earlier in the month he was saying "no" twice. Every time he said "no" it was "no no." He's stopped that now, but it was fun.
I made a note that on the 12th, we cuddled on the couch, and when I put him down in this bed for his nap, he said, "good night mommy." Awww . . .
Also on the 12th, at night, we put him to bed. He came back out. Brian said, "go back to your room. It's bed time." He closed the pocket door, closed the door to his room, got in his bed, pulled the covers over himself, and fell asleep! Amazing! That's not a regular occurrence around here, but bed times have gotten easier.
'Tis the season for cracking up when your toddler wears funny adult costume pieces.
And for pumpkin patches. This first pumpkin patch trip was with Playtime Discoveries (our parent participation class). We went to Blue Sky Gardens in Garden Farms. Cute and small.
Thanks to Phil and Gion frequently taking him to visit various farms in the area, Everett is an expert goat feeder.
We've been having play dates. Here's Everett with the lovely and fun Paloma.
How cute and loving are these friends?!?
Our next pumpkin patch trip was to the AWESOME San Marcos Ranch. Wow! That place is beautiful.
little family portrait
We got the first pictures of Everett in his Bob Ross costume there.
October 20th was Colony Days Parade. Our usual companions, the Hunters, were actually IN the parade with Julie's soccer team.
But we found other friends! The Milnes and the Thompsons were great company. Gion, Katie, and Tiffany (along with Brian and the Thompsons eventually), smartly sat in the shade of Molly Pitcher Brewing Company's outdoor seating area and enjoyed a few pints. I stayed away, since I'm not drinking, but next year, I think our whole group will sit there. (;
Everett saw the little train go by in the parade, and that's all he could talk about afterward. When we finally got to the train, he got in and gave me the face below. As the train pulled away, he stared SCREAMING. Brian and I ran along side it, and thankfully he calmed down and enjoyed the ride.
Zoo Boo is the Saturday before Halloween. And here are my guys and our costumes: Curious George and the man with the yellow hat. See the tiger back there?
We met some friends there. Here they are with "Baby Sadie," although she's WALKING now! Not such a baby.
Being "scared" by Andy the cowboy making his dinosaur rawr.
With Grandma Kathie and Julie, Andy, and Sadie's Memere Ann.
Our Power Ranger friends Paloma and Max got there a little late because they actually took a NAP! Their mom (my friend Anna) was pretty surprised by that.
We carved pumpkins the Sunday before Halloween, which ended up being a very good procrastination since it's been so warm (I guess that's why) everyone else's Jack-o'-lanterns rotted away before Halloween.
Our little OCD boy thinks pumpkin "guts" are pretty gross. My super simple pumpkin with two cookie cutter heart eyes (and that's it!), my lovey boy, and my baby bump.
I wasn't super happy with the first Bob Ross pictures, so I dressed him up again. I tell ya, I'm not cut out to be a toddler photographer. "Look at me. Turn your eyes toward me. Smile. No, don't say 'cheese.' Just look happy . . ." Haha. Oh well. We got some good ones.
It was actually Bob Ross's birthday the day we took these pictures (and Grandpa Phil's!). October 29th. He would have been 70. RIP you joyful painter you. "Everyday's a good day when you paint."
This picture just cracks me up. Brian wants us to save it for Everett, see if he looks anything like this when he's 50. (;
And here are the guys on Halloween Day before trick or treating!
"Monkey" in the tree.
Our first trick or treat, at Phil and Gion's house. Everett kept saying, "trick or treating!" It was SO CUTE!
Walking down San Pedro to the Bonifas's.
Then we went to Santa Margarita to trick or treat with the Hunters.
We trick or treated all the way to the other side of town (it's a small town--not even a town, really) to go to the Margarita Carnival. Everett actually did the ring toss and (eventually) won a sucker. Julie and Andy are much more practiced at the games.
And we came back tired and sore from walking (at least prego me) to see our simple jack-o'-lanterns flickering away (artificial Xmas candles inside).
So, as I type, I'm 26 weeks pregnant. Feeling good but a bit sore. Much more sore than I was with Everett at this point. Oh well. It's normal. We're getting more and more baby girl hand me downs. It's exciting. Girl clothes are just so cute! Makes me mad they don't make cuter boy clothes. It's not fair!
I think this first one shows pretty well how big I am.
Like Everett's orange and grey?! It won't fit for much longer.
This was Brian's favorite of Everett.
Until next month! Which will be another big one!
P.S. We've had two big losses this month. Brian's Grandma Ramona and my Grandpa's partner Mary. I plan to write a post just about them. Soon. Ramona's service is this Saturday. After that might be a good time to post.




















No comments:
Post a Comment