Monday, October 19, 2009

Ultrasound!


We've been so busy lately with doctors' appointments and wedding planning (invitations, registries, wedsite), that I haven't had time to blog or do homework (just kidding . . . sort of).

But I know that some of you are anxious to see the ultrasound photo.

Here it is!


The due date is May 5th, just what I calculated. That means I'm almost to 12 weeks. Yay!!

Brian pointed out that the white spot on the head is the right hand and the nose. See the little arm reaching up to cover the face, and the nose peeking out underneath? That means the dot above the body is the left hand! (;

We found an Ob/Gyn that I think we'll really like. Her office is in a converted house. I don't know what era, 40s or 50s? And there's a bunch of great original abstract art on the walls, pretty cool. She works with two midwives, and we'll be seeing the midwives normally. We'll only see the Ob for ultrasounds and if there are complications. Then we'll have a midwife there for the labor, I think.

Apparently I've had a wonderful first trimester. I'm exhausted all the time, have even less motivation that I normally do (how is that possible!?!), and feel sort of nauseated all throughout the day. But I can control that will snacking. And I haven't thrown up once! Even though I felt like it a few times last night. I'm almost done with the first trimester, and now I'm getting sick, great! But I'm sure I'll feel better. It may not even be baby related. Who knows.

I'm sure you're not surprised, but Brian has been AMAZING! Cooking, cleaning, motivating. He's going to be a great daddy!

If you want to know anything else, just ask!


3 comments:

Kamryn said...

Baby Asdel Cisneros is already beautiful! I'm glad that you've been feeling relatively well. I know Brian will take excellent care of you, but call me if you ever need anything.

Beth McDermott said...

...can i please name him/her?
(can't blambe a girl for tryin!)
these pics always melt me, i never can believe how much they already look like a little PERSON! so exciting, cant wait to meet them.
xo

Rachel said...

Ahhh! Love already!! I get all gooshie everytime I see this!